PDA

View Full Version : Obese (fat) Snake ... need help!

Obese (fat) Snake ... need help!

Neo
10-14-2002, 01:47 PM
I know my snake is obese and I started feeding him eber 10 days instead of 7 should i try ever 14 days. I am in the prosses of getting reading to build him a big cage (4'Lx2'Wx1.5'H) so he can get more exersize. What else can i do for him here is a photo...

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/781Blaze2.jpg

Thanks for your help

Kel
10-14-2002, 02:59 PM
I have the same problem with one of my males. He's been on one large mouse every 14 days for about 18 months now. Combined with a bigger viv & more exercise, he's getting better and is actually livlier than before. Sounds like you have the right idea.

Cheers
Kel

Simon
10-14-2002, 03:55 PM
One of my female is SUPER fat!!
I am putting her on a one adult mice every month diet. She is still super fat right now. She was a thick as a ping pong ball.....and only 4 feet something....now she is getting a lot better and going to be eating an adult mice ever 14 days or so. So if you want to make them go on a diet, I think that your 14 day schedule is good enough! And make them move!!!

whiffin
10-14-2002, 05:47 PM
You could try bathing him ... apparently that's good exercise

Filovirus
10-15-2002, 09:57 AM
the store i got my anery from currently have an adult female anery who is beautiful.. she is the largest I'ver ever seen a corn, and they let me handle her.. she felt so good... big strong and heavy... especially compared to the other adults I've held that felt light and woody.. like dry vine... i like them bigger.. !!!

Neo
10-15-2002, 02:18 PM
If the snake has giant muscles that fine, good even. But if it isd fat that is very unhealthy for them