• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

0.1 Lavender not eating

Jay@PJCReptiles

"Quality Before Quantity"
I purchased a '03 0.1 Lavender about 2 months ago and since I have had her she has only eaten 1 mouse. The person I got her from said she had been cooled down before I got her so I thought they maybe she was just ready to breed. I purchased her so I could prove out my '01 1.0 Snow Poss. Homo. Lavender. I put them together on 2 different occasions for about 4 days each and witnessed nothing. Other than staying in the same hide together for short periods they pretty much avoided each other like the plague. My male had just bred to one of my other females about a week before I got her so I thought maybe he just quite ready. I have now placed my '03 1.0 Amel. Poss. Het. Lavender with her about 3 days ago and nothing. I have had her probed to prove she was female so thats not the issue. She doesn't eat, she doesnt hump....what do I do? I even placed 2 different males with her in a breed bin thinking that might initiate mating and still nothing. I NEED SOME HELP!!! :shrugs:
Thanks,
Jay & PJ

Have you tried rats? I had a girl I got two winters ago and she went on a hunger strike for 2 months until we had a rat our for our savannah monitor that we ended up giving to her. Took her ages to get it down (it was a big rat) but after that she took mice just fine. You could also try pre-killed to see if that would initiate anything. Hopefully others will have ideas too. Good luck!

~Katie

TY Katie......at this point anything is worth a try. I mean shes not rapidly loosing weight or anything its just freaking me out that she is the only snake I have that doesn't eat.
Jay & PJ

Back