• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bites

Chris

Ok i saw this Snake on Real tv bite this littel girl and ever sens then i been scared to pick up my corn for fear of getting biten so plz help me out ok

Help you out?

umm... ok, I'll buy ya a pair of gloves n' send them to you for Christmas.. what's your addy? :D

well

As much as its natural for us to be afriad toget bitten, trust me it is not that bad.

If the snake actually bites you, and its young you will laugh at yourself later for being so nervous :) I did. Their bites are minor and feel almost like rough velco, thats it. And normally they bite for a second and coil back. They don't often hang on. :)

bmm

Maybe you could get someone else to pick your snake up so you can just touch it ... then rest it on your hand ... then let it crawl on your arms ... sorta do things one step at a time.

My Mum has been petrified of snakes for about 40 years. When I got my snake (although he was only 12" long) she wouldn't go near it. Using this method she'll have the occasional panic attack but when she comes over she'll happily play with Suzy and let him crawl all over her.

Just a though, and good luck

Plus if it helps, they dont have 'fangs' like cobras etc. They have TINY hair like teeth which are more there to prevent food crawling back out their mouths. I have never been bitten by my corns but one bit a lady in the reptile shop! She just laughed so it cant be that bad!

Dont worry about it as everyone else has said it doesnt hurt, I used to get bitten all the time from my bull snake and you dont feel a thing, the worst thing is the first time you get a big fright and your heart goes mad but once you have been bitten once you never really worry about it again.

Once you have been bitten the next time he bites you you will be more worried about the reason y he done it rather than how it felt.

hope this makes you feel a bit more relaxed and the more you dont handle your snake the ahrder it will be to do it so just get your hand in there and pick him up.

BU5T4

I vant to suck your blood

When I get bit, it's like shes just slightly pinching me to say "hay, remember I am a big bad snake so stop calling me cute!" I never find a mark after I've been bit, no blood, no pinkness, and then I say to my little girls, "aw look you bit me how cute" :) It's sincerly nothing to worry about, like everyone else says, they have no fangs only these teeny tiny teeth

My king snake was nippy as a baby, but trust me, I barely felt it. No way can those little guys break the skin. I was also once bitten by a ball python in a pet shop. Not a warning bite, but a feeding bite, much nastier. It drew blood, but it didn't hurt any more than poking yourself with a pencil. And as a kid, I was bitten by a gopher snake I was trying to catch. I have never gotten infected from a snake bite, and I'm not scared of them at all.

Once you get bit, you won't be scared of it anymore either. You might as well be afraid of paper cuts or stubbing your toe.

Ya know, speaking of bites... this thread must be jinxed... the first snake I bought after replying to this bit me on his first day here (first time I've ever been bit by a snake, lol).

Now I've actually been bitten by a corn (a 4'6" adult), I can speak a lil from experience, hehe.

To be honest, I didn't even know he'd bitten my until after I saw his jaws clamped to the back of my hand. I felt a lil sting, and that was it. Not even as painful as getting your tetanus shots n' whatnot at school :)

It ached a tiny lil bit afterwards, for maybe an hour or so, and that was it.

Attachments

• firstbite.jpg
    firstbite.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 477
OOOH!

That looks really nasty!!!!

iv only been bitten once....and like almost everyone esle.it was my fault!
well my grannys fault.........She squeezed (sidneys) my snakes tail really hard and since i was holding the head i got the bite!
I didnt feel it whatso ever!!!
it was just the shook that got me.......

:rolleyes:

It wasn't that bad actually... now you'd never even know it happened...

I had 4 lil pinpricks on my knuckles from the fangs, and it was really weird, cuz where the top fangs went in, about a half inch diameter circle around it... all the pores where the hairs come out of my skin there, they all went real dark, it looked like about 30 lil bites, heh.

Like I said though, now, you'd never know it happened.

For a long time we kept our cornsnakes in my daughter's room (10 years old - my daughter, that is), and she would take them out to show to her friends. One time she did that the snake latched onto her finger and didn't want to let go (should I mention at this time that I was behind on their normal feeding schedule?) Anyway, the corn is about a year old, and Allie is screaming for my help, which I didn't give for awhile (not trying to be cruel, but 10-year-olds have an inflated sense of panic, so I wasn't paying too much attention) When I did check on her, I just unwrapped him from her wrist to mine, and he at first started to bite me, but then let me put him back in his cage. By the time she washed her hands, you couldn't even see where the bite was! In comparison with every other pet in my house, I would truly choose to have a bite from the snake over anything else! Even so, old fears are tough to get rid of, so give yourself a break and take the risk. It will feel easier every time. Sorry for rambling, but at my age, I seem to have more to say than anyone has time to hear.........

get rid of it

i'll give you a free advice:
dump your snake(s) snake are dangerous and you can not trust them. you can bring the monster to me, no charge.;)

i'm only kidding.
the amel i have had always bite me when she was a yougster.
in juli i had 8 hatchlings of her and the biting continued.
nowadays the older amel does not bite me anymore.
i'm confident the little ones will stop biting me too. i'm not giving up, they will.

i got bitten by my boa constrictor, that really hurts,whenever i get her out of her closet(she lives in a big closet turned aside with glass infront of it) i really handle with care and put some aftershave on my hands to be sure i don't smell like rats mice or rabbits.

cornsnake bites rarely hurt and if they do,just a little

greetings from the other side of the atlantic.

LMAO!

mizzouzoo said:
Sorry for rambling, but at my age, I seem to have more to say than anyone has time to hear.........

You are cracking me up!

I have a really funny story about a tiny little albino cal king that tried to eat my thumb but I, too, seem to have more to say than anyone has time to hear!

Cornsnake bites=startling but not painful

Now, the monitor bite I suffered a few days ago is another story LOL...

i too have had a snake try to eat my finger... i didn't feel anything at all.. i only realized it when i looked at him. He was pretty young.. and I was just getting ready to feed him.. he tried to eat the wrong pinky ;)

thats a pretty nasty bite! i dont even feel it when my snake bites and it's 3ft long, over the summer i got bit bye a water moccasine or as others call it a cotton mouth.. now that hurts trust my but now that i got bit i am not really scared of them it wierd i know

I know what you mean! When I first got my baby corn from the plane, I went to take it out of the deli cup and guess what it did??!! It snapped at me, it felt like nothing at all and the next time I went to pick it up I was so scared, it was the funniest thing. It didn't hurt at all, but I was super nervous to pick her up.

Rainy, same exact thing happened to me! Lol. Then a couple of weeks ago I got bit by a juvenile carpet python at the zoo where I volunteer and oh man, that one hurt! Of course, it was my fault. I didn't think he'd be that mean!

I was just bitten tonight!

I got a bite from my obnoxious amel Penny like right now. What a way to show me she likes me on Thanksgiving, heh. She's in the 30-33 inch range, I'd say, has always been a spaz with her tail rattling, rattling, rattling, but I've never been bitten. Taking a break from the family I noticed she shed in the last four or five hours here, reached in to get the shed out of her cage and decided I'd try to hold her. She usually doesn't like it, but calms down eventually. This time, she must've been wide awake because she just reached out and tagged me as soon as I had lifted her hide. I felt her jaw close around my middle finger. She withdrew. I couldn't believe it, picked her up and tried to calm her for about 5 minutes. Nothing doing, she whipped her tail and tried to bolt away the whole time, even "hissed" a couple times. So I put her back, don't want to stress her too bad. Maybe she was still testy about shedding? There's nothing on my finger, not a scratch remains! I'm a little offended, I've owned her since the end of March/beginning of April and she's never bit me. Well, look don't touch for her I guess. It didn't hurt me, scared me a little, but looking at her I feel like she IS a wild animal. If she doesn't want to be held, I'll leave her to her world of eating mice and midnight adventuring.

Back