PDA

View Full Version : regurge mistake?

regurge mistake?

coolsnakesky
04-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Well guys i was feeding my snake this morning when i noticed what was poop in the cage he usually does poo about 3-4 days after eating ..well about half way through his meal i notice laying almost right next to the poo what appeared to be regurge ..too late to take the meal away he proceeded to finish eating..i guess my question is if it is shaped like poo but looks like regurge what would it be and now he will probly regurge this meal too huh??
I also think he might be going into shed when i was handling him he seemed a lil rough on the belly..well ill check on him later and see what happens.

Lennycorn
04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Luckily, My snake haven't regurge yet, but from what I have read that regurge smell more than poop and you will be able to tell the difference. So..... just wait now and see what happens with this new meal.
But I guess the best thing to do is treat it as a regurge and follow the guildline for that.

Good Luck :cheers:

coolsnakesky
04-22-2006, 12:08 PM
ok ill see but the strange thing was the poop smelled worse than that..this stuff really had no smell at all..or not ofensive

Wachee
04-22-2006, 12:56 PM
I have had only one snake regurge once. It was soon after I got her and I believe it was probably stress related. I have fed all of my snakes at one time or another during the blue phase of shedding and it doesn't bother them.

How long ago did you feed the snake the meal that was regurgitated? Is it warm enough in its cage? It is like if we drank a lot of milk and then we got to hot the milk would sour in our stomachs. If the snake ate then wasn't warm enough the metabolism would slow down and the meal would sour in its stomach and the snake would regurge. So my suggestion would be make sure to keep the cage clean, warm and provide him with plenty of clean water. Plus give him a couple days after feeding before you handle him too much.

Take care and good luck! :wavey:

BeckyG
04-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Regurges SMELL. Seriously. My baby bloodred regurged a pinky, and the smell like to have knocked me over as soon as I walked into the room. I didn't even have to get close to the tank to smell it. It also looked very much like a mouse. It didn't look anything like poo--in appearance or shape.

Now, my recommendation for you is to watch carefully to see if the second meal is regurged. If it is, follow the proper regurge protocol. If you can get some Nutribac to put into the snake's drinking water, this may prevent another regurge.

coolsnakesky
04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
it had been 4 days since he had eaten prior..well i try to keep the tank warm..he is upstairs in an attic bedroom..seems warm the temps stays around 75-85 up there..he has a warm side and it is at 84-85 and i just checked on him and hes on the warm side now..nothing has happened yet..but i just fed him at 8:15 this morning..i usually will wait 2 days before handling him after a meal..water is good and clean..if this one comes up ill wait 10 days and try a meal again..thanks for all your help :wavey:

SnakeAround
04-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Some regurges just don't smell..... sounds weird, but is is true. Has been agreed on by experienced keepers. But it still is hard sometimes to determine wat actually has been 'ejected'.....