PDA

View Full Version : Corn Snake Not Eating...

Corn Snake Not Eating...

gzyv15a
04-24-2006, 08:51 AM
I own a beautiful 2 yr old sunglow motley that has not eaten since Feb. 21st. I try feeding him once a week, but have been unsuccessful. He looks good. Doesn't appear to have lost any weight. But i'm getting frustrated.
What i find really strange is he's now in shed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Roy Munson
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I own a beautiful 2 yr old sunglow motley that has not eaten since Feb. 21st. I try feeding him once a week, but have been unsuccessful. He looks good. Doesn't appear to have lost any weight. But i'm getting frustrated.
What i find really strange is he's now in shed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like he's in a randy mood. This is the time of year. I have a couple of adult males that haven't eaten since around the same time as yours. Mine have lost a little weight, but nothing serious, and they look good. I'd keep trying him as scheduled. He'll get his appetite back. I wouldn't worry unless you start seeing a health decline. :)

gzyv15a
04-24-2006, 11:44 AM
That's what i'm hoping. Thanks Dean...

mistafeesh
04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Ahah!

I was coming on the forum to post a very similar problem. My cornsnake hasn't eaten since before Christmas. He seems healthy enough and he shed his skin a couple of weeks back, but he still won't eat. He's roaming around a lot, as if hunting, so I guess he's looking for a mate. Pity I can't oblige him - I'd love ti have a clutch of baby cornsnakes around!!

Lennycorn
04-24-2006, 06:22 PM
My cornsnake hasn't eaten since before Christmas. He seems healthy enough and he shed his skin a couple of weeks back, but he still won't eat.

That four mounths ago and he still had a shed?? Hmm.
How old is the snake?

mistafeesh
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure how old he is exactly. He was given to me about a year ago, and I think the guy said he was a year or two old. He mentioned that he would refuse to eat occasionally.

He looks healthy enough, but he does seem to be hunting around for something a lot at the moment.

I've tried giving him bigger/smaller mice, but not live ones,as I don't like the idea of him getting hurt by his dinner!

BeckyG
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
He looks healthy enough, but he does seem to be hunting around for something a lot at the moment.

Yep, he's looking for a woman...so to speak.

Adamscorn
04-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi boys

I realise that you males get certain ideas at this time of year, but could the same thing be responsible for my 2 1/2 female corn not eating for a month? She too is out a lot, apparently hunting for food. Maybe she is really hunting down a male? Trust me to have a nymphomaniac snake!!!!!!!!!! :grin01: