• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about amel variation

Susan

Go Ahead, Make My Day!
I remember seeing a site where they had an amel variation whose white bands around the saddles were not white, but a greenish-yellow color. I can't remember what they called it. My amel zigzag shows this coloration, especially closer to her tail (the bands are much wider there). Does anyone know what this variation is called? The pic doesn't show the color as much as in real life, but you should get the idea.

I've heard that it's called the Chirstmas corn.......or something like that....
not 100% sure about this.....but I think that's what its called..

There was one person selling them as Harlequin corns, IIRC, but from what I understand, they've gone out of business. I don't know how common/rare the trait is, but I have an amel which shows the same trait (and the camera will not capture the color on her either). I don't think the trait is due to any emoryi ancestry (despite hearing speculation that it is), as the breeder I bought the amel from refuses to breed anything that even resembles an emoryi cross.

I found the answer to my own question...the term I had heard before was "lime".

Back