PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Regurges!

Multiple Regurges!

King21
05-04-2006, 08:23 PM
My snake has regurged for sure the last TWO times I have fed him, and possibly the last 3-4 in actuality. I say possibly because there was some crap in the viv that could have been poop or a regurge. Now I am thinking it WAS a regurge because of the latest regurge i found today after feeding him on sunday. So lets just say for sure the last three times were regurges. The weird thing is that they have all been about 4-5 days after feeding. And between all of the regurges i waited the recomended 7-10 days before feeding again, but he still doesn't keep it down. The feedings all seemed to go fine and the lump disappeared as normal after 2 days. He is still pooping as i found a fresh one in his cage today as well.

Could he just he sort of half digesting his food? What should i do, because i dont want him to starve. And how could he be pooping if he keeps on regurging his food? I dont know what to do. Please help!

ChrisR:)
05-04-2006, 08:42 PM
it very well may be that he half digested because mine amel (because of the wrong temps on hot side) pooed on me one night then i found a regurge in the cage the next morning (lokked kinda like gray cat poo) however for him to stop regurging i really dont know

dr del
05-04-2006, 09:07 PM
hi,

Im sure someone much more experienced than I will post to help you soon, in the meantime I would cheack the temperatures in the vivarium and try smaller prey items.

Check out the caresheet to make sure everything is set up ok.

Also people might want to know the following info;

how old is the snake

where did u get it

is it wild caught?

have you had it checked for internal parasites by a good reptile vet

what kind of set up are you keeping it in - along wiht the above temp and humidity readings.

this will help when the more learned people read the thread :)

dr del

dr del
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
My god my typing is getting worse.

if you look at the bottom of this page there is a section called similar links - this one seemed quite informative and had some good ideas.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7487

dr del

BeckyG
05-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm going through something very similar with my bloodred. Read my thread (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33554&page=1), and especially the post by Kathy Love. I am going to liquid feedings for a while to try to get my little one back on track. You may want to try that, too.

King21
05-04-2006, 11:14 PM
I have a reptile show to go to this weekend. I think i will pick up a fuzzy and try feeding him live. I have heard that this could be easier to digest when there are problems with regurges. Any opinions?

MooreSnakes
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Have you looked at the FAQ section? I think it explains a lot. Also look at the link on the FAQ section.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342
Good Luck! :cheers:

ChrisR:)
05-04-2006, 11:29 PM
actually it is easier to digest f/t because being frozen has broken down some of the cells also if you havent tried put slits in the f/t back to make digestion easier Good Luck!

dr del
05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi again,

If anything I would assume fresh kill or live would be harder to digest as the freezing damages the cells causing some to burst "tenderising" the meat somewhat (taken from several threads on this forum ).

In Scotland the most common cause of regurge seems to be keeping it too cold at the warm end - mainly caused by our climate it has to be said so its probably going to be different where you are.

Becky's thread has some good tips in it I made a note of for later.

It's worrying that he still has anything to regurge 5 days after feeding though - definately suggests his digestive system is underperforming. :shrugs:

I hope you have better luck with his next feed **crosses fingers**

dr del

Muggle
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
I just went threw this with Felix. I would wait ten days before attempting to feed again on a size smaller then you're using. Do you have any GSE or NutraBAC? I would use those too. Definitely read Kathy Love's advice in the FAQ section. Best of luck!