PDA

View Full Version : How often should I try?

How often should I try?

Albino Billy
05-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Ok, everything has been going great with Billy and he is such a good boy. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about him not eating and was told it is mating season. Ok, sounds good to me. I have been trying to get him to eat just once a week since then. Then he went in to "blue" and hid for a few days. I know this is normal and didn't worry. He then came out and produced a perfect shed. So, I waited another day so he could settle down from his shed and offered another rat pup. I even brought myself to brain it. He still won't eat. UGH! He looks great and acts great but he is still VERY active during the day as well. Is this still all because of mating season? And how often should I try to get him to eat? Every week or every few days? Help, help, help, help... LOL!

zwyatt
05-06-2006, 01:09 PM
If he seems healthy and active and doesn't appear to be losing weight, I think I would stick with once a week. If he's been refusing weekly offers for some time now I would have no reason to expect that he'd eat just because he was being offered more frequently.

MegF.
05-06-2006, 07:37 PM
It's probably still due to mating season. Mine went without for 3 months last year, and 2 this year. They'll just suddenly eat out of the blue and you'll be cheering your brains out. Trust me :) I still wouldn't offer more than once every week or two.

Albino Billy
05-06-2006, 07:52 PM
UGH.... Thanks guys.. It's just so frustrating and I know it's totally normal for him to do. I was, like an eager mother, so ready for him to gobble down his food and then he refused it. :nope: I even brained the thing and that is a BIG deal for me, trust me. LOL!
I guess I will just wait til his next scheduled feeding day and try again...