PDA

View Full Version : greeny yellow poo? or something else...

greeny yellow poo? or something else...

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 04:41 PM
I found something today, which has made me suspicious...

It was a very very light yellow colour, and powdery, and stank to the high heavens... well when i got close enough.

What i thought and was told was 2 females, may be at least one male if i am correct in thinking this was musk of some sort?

I have had no poo problems until now and i have never seen this substance before...

helpy moi? :shrugs:

Scrub
05-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I am not sure I want to know this, but.... what is "Musk"? Probably a stupid question...
Chris

Taceas
05-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Musk is whitish and viscous...not yellow powder. Sounds like urates of some sort, although not sure about the smell.

And yet...your snakes are still housed together if I'm reading this right?

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Musk is whitish and viscous...not yellow powder. Sounds like urates of some sort, although not sure about the smell.

And yet...your snakes are still housed together if I'm reading this right?

could it be what its just dried up, it is more whiteish that yellow...

and yes they are still housed together :cheers:

marty.warwick
05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I think the reason Misty asked about the housing situation is because unless you saw it happen, (which you didn't or you would've said lol), You don't know which snake it came from. If this hopefully turns out to be nothing bad, well good. But if it may be something bad then it's just another reason why cohabitation isn't great I suppose.

As for what it may be, I can't help much, it sounded simply like urates, but again I can't explain the stench. They do smell a little, but not strongly.

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 06:28 PM
i understand, but it only smells bad when you snifff it...

marty.warwick
05-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh, then I wouldn't worry, Pee smells lol. I think we were under the impression that it smelt very bad even from a distance. Nothing to worry about. :cheers:

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 06:34 PM
oooooh ok then... i didnt think pee was something you would notice no?

it did soak through the aspen, so it must have been a liquid of somesort

hana
05-07-2006, 06:56 PM
If it is 'pee', it shouldn't look greenish at all. That would be a problem, and as Misty and Marty have stated, with them being housed together you wouldn't have any way of knowing which snake it came from. But, I'm sure that was a risk you already thought of. ;)

hana

diamondlil
05-07-2006, 07:15 PM
It sees that sometimes my snakes' poop smells more than usual, it just makes me clean them out quicker! :-offtopic
Where do you get aspen from? I've only seen it in one shop where it was stupidly expensive, like £10 for a bag that would have maybe done 4 of my snakes. I'm stuck with kitchen roll for now, but would like aspen when they are big enough for vivs

Roy Munson
05-07-2006, 07:28 PM
I just wanted to add that I have seen a greenish color before as part of the solid urates on a number of occasions. It was the color of oxidized copper. I never saw any problem as a result.

Lennycorn
05-07-2006, 07:30 PM
...but it only smells bad when you snifff it...
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well maybe you shouldn't do that.....
Sorry, I just had too.

But anyway, if you think you might have a male and female, aren't they still young to mate???
Hatchling or something aren't they???...

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 07:37 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well maybe you shouldn't do that.....
Sorry, I just had too.

But anyway, if you think you might have a male and female, aren't they still young to mate???
Hatchling or something aren't they???...

yeap they are 05's
however after staring at their vents tonight and looking at tail size, i have come to the conculsion that they may both be male!

however thats just an observation...

and yeah i sniffed it hahaha, i wanted to see if it smelt like thier poo...

diamondlil
05-07-2006, 07:42 PM
:-offtopic Sorry Elle, but you just reminded me, a friend once trod in dog-poop, and tracked it indoors. wouldn't believe it was poop, not mud, took off the shoe and sniffed it, despite by now hysterical group of friends shouting 'it's poop'. Got poop on nose. Friends all corpsing, was about 20 years ago and still makes me smile.

Lennycorn
05-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Sounds like Roy have a good point. And I hope that it.
You also might want to try to get your snakes sexed (probed) soon.
It will help in the future.

:cheers:

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Sounds like Roy have a good point. And I hope that it.
You also might want to try to get your snakes sexed (probed) soon.
It will help in the future.

:cheers:

they were apparently probed by the guy i got them from... ill take them tomorrow, i know a good place about 10 miles away... wont be too long :) and your right, it will be worth it in the future...

Tula_Montage
05-07-2006, 07:59 PM
:-offtopic Sorry Elle, but you just reminded me, a friend once trod in dog-poop, and tracked it indoors. wouldn't believe it was poop, not mud, took off the shoe and sniffed it, despite by now hysterical group of friends shouting 'it's poop'. Got poop on nose. Friends all corpsing, was about 20 years ago and still makes me smile.

lmao what a story for the kids! ewwww :twoguns: