PDA

View Full Version : any genetics genuises out the

any genetics genuises out the

drizzt_19
10-18-2002, 11:19 PM
what is the probobilty of getting a striped blood when i breed the a striped het for blood red with a bloodred het for striped. keep in mind that the parents of the above are male striped and female blood red. im just curios cause a friend of mine is willing to sell them to me if i decide i can afford it. thanks for your help

drizzt

Jr Nimeskern
10-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Well let me see... if You breed a Stripe het for Bloodred X Bloodred het for Stripe then you would get this when you bred them together...

25% would be Stripe Bloodred
25% would be Bloodred het Stripe
25% would be Stripe het Bloodred
25% would be Normals het both Blood and Stripe

But I would like to point out that a Stripe Bloodred would be a sorta useless morph... since when the Bloodred gets to adulthood most Bloods are one color RED... and the pattern isnt shown... So it would almost make it useless... but if you could get those corns for cheap then I wouldnt pass the deal up... Plus the babies would look really nice... its just as they get older the less prominent the stripe would become... IMHO

Serpwidgets
10-19-2002, 12:37 AM
Jr's comment on the outcome is correct.

However (JMO) I suspect that the motley and striped versions of bloodreds may turn out to be a lot more interesting than anyone would imagine.

How much pattern does the female bloodred have? From what I've seen, an "invisible" pattern is not very common in bloodreds, especially outcrossed ones. Therefore I'd venture to guess that you'd still see the stripes on most striped bloodreds.

I'd probably pay an arm and a leg for such a pair. And keep in mind that I don't even like the striped pattern. (Ok, so I'd much prefer motley in that mix instead of striped, but still...)

It would also be interesting to see how the two pattern mutants interact.

I would, however, be curious to know how he's sure they are het for what he says.

Jr Nimeskern
10-19-2002, 12:48 AM
The only way they could be sure to what they are het for is if he already has a Striped Bloodred... and Im not even sure if anyone even has one...

I am also curious now that you have mentioned it Serp about the combination with the Motley and Bloodred pattern morphs... I just dont think that Adults would look like something that was anywhere diffrent then a normal Bloodred... I could see maybe with the young, but Some adults lack all pattern...

Seems like the Stripe and Bloodred pattern would be really diffecult to work with (at least if you dont know what your looking for) Both lack the Ventral pattern... seems like alot of test crosses to me!

Serpwidgets
10-19-2002, 01:27 AM
Seeing some of the bloodreds out there (including mine) that have much visible pattern, I think Motley Bloods would rule. Especially the ones that don't turn solid red but instead get a very bright orange ground color.

IMO they's be akin to sunglows without the pink eyes, which I really don't like. :D

Even if they had "no pattern" as adults (debatable) IMO having the motley pattern as a youngster would be very cool. They supposedly take about 5 years to fully gain all of the red they will gain. That's a long time. :)

drizzt_19
10-20-2002, 07:52 PM
sorry guys i should have phrased the question a with a little more clarity the striped that was het for bloodred is offspring of the f2 generation from a striped normal and a blood red. the blood red is the offspring of the same type of parents just a different clutch. as to being sure they are het for striped and blood red . im not quite sure as only 50% of each clucth is het for both. i believe. i hope this clears up some muddy queations. thanks for you input. oh by the way serp. the motley version of a blood red would look really cool.

thanks for your help
p.s. the little ones are now in my home
drizzt