PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Amateur Herping...

Extremely Amateur Herping...

Marshall_P
05-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Althought nothing special next to a lot of the things I see on this website, especially from a lot of people that know a lot more about this stuff than I, I enjoy coming here for the pics & info, My son :& I were out last weekend looking at a few places I know around the Toledo, Oh area looking for fox snakes but all we were able to find were 1 small garter snake flipped under an old chair, and 1 very small Dekay's snake under an old piece of plywood.. Thanx for lookin', maybe I'll find the illusive fox snake next time.. Marsh..

ghosthousecorns
05-13-2006, 12:33 AM
awww! (Steve Irwin voice) isn't she a beauty?
I have posted a few wild caught pics lately but the funny thing is, I NEVER find any snakes when I am looking for them, it's always when I am doing yard work, especially one job I have in a really rural area. I keep wondering if I should still keep the account doing this garden because it's about half an hour drive from where I live, but every time I go out there I find cool herps, see bald eagles, or find agates and petrified wood.
Keep trying, hope you find a fox snake next time, but remember it's when you least expect to find things that they appear!

Marshall_P
05-13-2006, 08:24 AM
yeah, no doubt, I've heard that, I'd really like to see one, it's been a long time, just wanted some pics to post, then release it back where it belongs, thanx for replying, Marsh.

rockmonky
05-21-2006, 03:45 AM
Very cute pics =)

Claude
05-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Very nice:)
I used to catch those when I lived in Houston(both kinds) as well as anoles :cheers:

kimbyra
05-23-2006, 02:00 PM
I just love brown snakes. They are so little and sweet.

CaptBogart
05-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Whew, good thing he was wearing that big ole glove, mighta lost a finger or two... :grin01: At least you found something, though, still slim pickings down here so far...

Marshall_P
05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah, maybe this weekend I'll get luckier. Always fun tryin' though.:)

dave_jaclyn
11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
You want wild fox snakes around Toledo?

We had them by the dozen at work in late Sep/ early Oct. They were, in fact what got me interested in herps as a pet. Sorry I wasn't a member back then to see this, we were releasing them outdoors almost daily for a few weeks there.

Marshall_P
11-02-2006, 11:12 PM
where abouts??... be some good info for next year!!

disturbedstn
11-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Ooooh pretty snakes :eek1: you found those in the Toledo area I'm a little more south close to Dayton and all I seem to find here is Garters fun snakes to catch and release in better areas but never really ran across anything else other than a copperhead that decided that my steel toe boot looked tasty a few years ago. Also it's good to see more snake lovers in my area. Happy hunting!

dave_jaclyn
11-07-2006, 08:50 PM
At Davis-Besse. They seem to wander in to outbuildings as the weather turns colder.

I understand they're protected in MI, not sure what the laws are here in OH.

There is a wildlife preserve that borders on the station here, might be worth looking in to for some field trips.

Marshall_P
11-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Thanx, I'll be tryin' that in the spring... I'm also a Toledo Resident... That's a first finding another Toledo Resident here on the cornsnakes.com forums, Marsh..