PDA

View Full Version : Partial Regurge?

Partial Regurge?

King21
05-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Do crons ever regurge just a portion of thier meal like three days later? That is what mine seems to have done. I fed him a f/t fuzzy on sunday and today i found a small blob of crap about the size of a dime that i think may be a regurge. It is so small so i am wondering if it could be a partial regurge.

CMatt2157
05-17-2006, 04:03 PM
It could be a partial regurge but a lot of people make the mistake of thinking poo is regurge. Fortunately, I have not had a regurge but I am told that there is a big difference in smell.

King21
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
It could be a partial regurge but a lot of people make the mistake of thinking poo is regurge. Fortunately, I have not had a regurge but I am told that there is a big difference in smell.I know what poop looks like and this was much different, but definately smaller than the size of fuzzy he was fed on sunday. So I am unsure of what it could be.

Colleen360
05-17-2006, 06:13 PM
If you were used to feeding pinkies and then changed to fuzzies, then the poop will look different. There is hair on fuzzies which a lot of times doesn't get digested(not a whole lot of nutritional value).

Roy Munson
05-17-2006, 06:24 PM
If you don't know for sure, the safest thing to do is to treat it as a regurge. Also, try to determine what might have caused it (e.g. temps, prey-size, etc.). I moved one of my '03 females up to an adult mouse last feeding, and she left me an ambiguous pile of stuff. She won't be eating for another ten days.

lefty_mussolini
05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
You can't mistake the smell of a regurge. If it didn't smell like the worst thing you've ever smelled in your life, then it was probably just poo. When one of my snakes regurgitates, I know it as soon as I walk in the room.

King21
05-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Here are a couple of pics of the thing. I have seen stuff just like this in the cage before but with more of it. Do you think it is poo or a regurge?

Roy Munson
05-17-2006, 07:05 PM
That doesn't look like a regurge at all, to me. Carry on normally...

lefty_mussolini
05-17-2006, 07:22 PM
That doesn't look like a regurge at all, to me. Carry on normally...
Agreed.
And I'm serious about the smell. The smell will clear up any doubt. On a scale of 1-10 of bad smells (10 being the worst), the worst snake poo I've ever experienced was about a 4 or 5 and the average regurge is a 9-10. If you don't gag when you smell it, it's not a regurge.

King21
05-17-2006, 07:23 PM
That doesn't look like a regurge at all, to me. Carry on normally...Really? I guess that is good. But what do you think it could be? I have seen that type of gunk in the viv a couple of times before. Do you have a pic or two of an actual regurge?

Roy Munson
05-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Really? I guess that is good. But what do you think it could be? I have seen that type of gunk in the viv a couple of times before. Do you have a pic or two of an actual regurge?
These snakes can pass some weird looking stuff, so who knows exactly what it is. I'm just nearly-certain that that came out of the cloaca, not the mouth. Sorry, but I don't have regurge pics. But I've seen more of them than I wish I had, and even the ambiguous ones don't look like that. Relax. :)

King21
05-17-2006, 08:10 PM
These snakes can pass some weird looking stuff, so who knows exactly what it is. I'm just nearly-certain that that came out of the cloaca, not the mouth. Sorry, but I don't have regurge pics. But I've seen more of them than I wish I had, and even the ambiguous ones don't look like that. Relax. :)Okay, thanks for the help! :)

marty.warwick
05-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Also the smell of a more-digested regurge won't smell as bad.. at first. So often people don't think it is one, until they move it. When I experienced one it didn't smell at all until i cleaned it up and then it stunk the whole house out! Absolutely disgusting.

Muggle
05-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Here's some pictures I posted earlier. Enjoy :cheers: .

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31371

BeckyG
05-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Here is my pic of a regurged head with a normal head for comparison:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270513&postcount=16