PDA

View Full Version : First F/T Since 01/16/06 (Emoryi)

First F/T Since 01/16/06 (Emoryi)

Roy Munson
05-17-2006, 07:02 PM
My male emoryi ate his last f/t on 1/16, shed, then never showed a bit of interest in f/t after that. I've tried f/t every few feedings since, but he has ignored them completely. He shed yesterday, so I figured I'd try again. But I had noticed that all the live mice he's killed and scarfed down with gusto have been brown mice. All my f/t are white. Hoping that his tongue was less discriminating than his eyes, I put him with a weaned f/t mouse in a pitch-dark closet. He took it!

He and my blizzard female like to trade duties as p.i.a. feeders, preferring live at times. Of course, now that he's started back on the f/t track, she's giving me problems. She required live after her last shed, chowed three f/t weaned after that, but now is back to refusing. I'm trying her again today too, so we'll see what happens...

Pumilio
05-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Haha, horray! Next time you're down I'll put your dinner of turnip, mushrooms, and chicken-pot-pie in the dark closet for you to eat! :grin01:

BeckyG
05-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Good news! I hope your female eats for you as well.

Roy Munson
05-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Haha, horray! Next time you're down I'll put your dinner of turnip, mushrooms, and chicken-pot-pie in the dark closet for you to eat! :grin01:I'll bring my own food, thanks. But I'll bring you something too. How about a knuckle sandwich? :-punch:
Good news! I hope your female eats for you as well.Thanks Becky. Oh, she'll eat. That blizzard has pulled this crap for her entire life. She's a summer '05, one of Rich's out-of-eggers. At 170g, I can't really call her a problem feeder, just a very selective one. :grin01:

Here's a pic of her from a few weeks ago (lookin' tough):

BeckyG
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh, she's a beauty. Is that the one you had the nightmare about that time?

Roy Munson
05-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh, she's a beauty. Is that the one you had the nightmare about that time?
Hah! That's funny that you remember. :) Yeah, that was her. I think that was the dream where my friend was taking care of her, and when I went to take her home, most of her scales had fallen off, and she looked all disgusting and covered in scabs. *shudder*

BeckyG
05-20-2006, 04:34 PM
I did remember you telling about that. It was right about the time I had that dream about us finding the ditch full of snakes. Maybe that's why it stuck in my mind.