PDA

View Full Version : Hatchling with an odd head twitch.

Hatchling with an odd head twitch.

princess
05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Shizz and Seltzer have produced 2 perfect clutches for me in the past so I tried my luck again this year and so far so good except for one little snow. It has a little head twitch that seems rather random but frequent and constant. In nods its head upwards every few seconds and sometimes a few times in a row.

I hope this isn't a neurological problem. All other sibblings (this clutch and previous years) have been perfect and although I had some really baffling DIE's in clutch #1, my incubator has spat out about 40 lovely snakes this year.

Has anyone any advice or similar experiences that they could share with me??

Taceas
05-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Have you searched for 'stargazing' yet?

I'm no expert, but the looking upward thing made me insantly think about it.

Link to Stargazing posts (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23614&highlight=stargazing)

princess
05-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah but I'm quite sure it's not that. It's a deffinate twitch rather than a constant sway...

Thanks for the thoughts on the topic though :cheers:

Taceas
05-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Strange. Hopefully its something fixable.

Bummer, though. =(

princess
05-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I was hoping for a little snow motley to keep from this clutch and statistically, I've gotten all the snow I will out of this clutch!

I'm going to sell both of the parents at the end of the season and a snow mot would have been great to keep...

MegF.
05-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm planning on giving my females a year off between clutches just so I don't overtax them. I'm wondering if you would start having problems if you have them lay too often? The twitch sounds neurological to me though and I suppose there's the possibility that one out of the bunch would have a problem now and then. Somewhat of a random thing.

princess
05-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Good news,

I checked on 'Noddy' a few mins ago and she (checked that too!) looks to have gotten over the twitch. I can't explain why or what but I'm glad she looks good now!

girlbugg
06-03-2006, 01:23 PM
My snake Heidi got loose, and we found her 2 months later. She had the exact same head twitch, and I thought she had brain damage! After about a week she was fine. I am curious why she had that.