PDA

View Full Version : Sir poops-a-lot

Sir poops-a-lot

nebby3103
05-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Strange title, I know. Here's the deal: I've only fed my snake 3x since I got him. The first two times went exactly as I had expected; I fed him a fuzzy, he ate it, pooped on day 3, ate again on day 5. after he pooped I always figured it was ok to handle him. Up until feeding number three, that had been the case.

I fed him for the third time and he pooped in his viv on the 2nd day after the feeding. So, I thought it was safe to handle him. I did, and he pooped again on my hand later that same day. I put him back in his viv and let him chill over night. The next morning, day 3, I found more poop in his viv. On day 4, yesterday, I was handling him again and he pooped on my hand... AGAIN! The day 4 poop was very small, and has some powdery looking white stuff like some people have described.

The only thing I can figure is that his most recent meal was too large. In retrospect, I should have opened a new bag of fuzzies... the one I fed him was probably closer to 2x the snake's girth. So, is the excessive pooping even a problem or am I just overreacting? :shrugs:

neotekz
05-31-2006, 12:55 PM
i'm feeding mine fuzzies too and he will poop anywhere between 2-4 times. sounds pretty normal to me

CMatt2157
05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey... When you gotta go, you gotta go!

jazzgeek
05-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Congratulations.

You've just become the new cornsnakes.com record holder for Post With Most Frequent Use of The Word "Poop".

regards,
jazz