PDA

View Full Version : Eggs got stuck...

Eggs got stuck...

leolina
06-01-2006, 07:56 AM
My amel female of five years has laid her eggs without trouble every year but this year there is trouble. I usually check the females after they have laid their eggs so that there are no eggs left in them but this time I didn't...She's laid them without trouble so many times...

She has two eggs left in her. They are placed rather far up in her body (not near her cloak). I wonder if there is anything I can do to get them out of her or if this is the end? Please, I'm thankful for all the help I can get :cry:

(hope you all understand my english...)

snake5007
06-01-2006, 08:03 AM
i'd just take her straight to the vet! sooner rather than later.

leolina
06-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I've already contacted the vet and gotten calciumshots for her. She's also has gotten a shot with contraction (?? english). The bad thing about breeding corn in sweden is that if anything happens to your snake the vet hardly know what to do...You have to ask them for what you want more or less...Is there anything but these things one can do for her? An operation is not an option since there ain't many vets here in sweden that can performe one... :shrugs:

diamondlil
06-01-2006, 08:43 AM
If you check out the threads on eggbinding you'll find some suggestions, and see some good and bad results. Hope your snake makes it

diamondlil
06-01-2006, 08:44 AM
oops sorry posted before finish of sentence :rolleyes:
hope your snake makes it through this ok, good luck

leolina
06-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Thank's, we need all the luck we can find...

dawnrenee2000
06-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Ask your vet if they would feel comfortable aspirating the egg to reduce its size and then she has less complications with it being in there and could pass it. To aspirate it a needle is put into the egg , thorugh the side of the females boday ,and the fluid is drained from the egg to make it smaller. many times after this the egg will pass through the female after a few feedings as it gets pushed out.

My vet is great and she is going to do this with one of my snakes tomorrow. She is going to try and manipulate the eggs out of my snake though and if she cant she will do surgery and remove them. The 3 eggs in my snake are huge and need to come out.

Geez, if nothing else maybe we could convince my vet and yours to talk on the phone and she could explain to yours about the procedure :shrugs: I would be willing to try on this end to help work that out for you.

kathylove
06-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Be careful about allowing a vet to try to manipulate the eggs out. I had a reptile vet kill 2 females years ago by doing it too forcefully. But I have had great success in aspirating eggs. The procedure is covered pretty well in my book.

Good luck!

dawnrenee2000
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks Kathy. I will give her a gentle reminder of that in the morning when I drop my snake off. I trust this vet immensely, but even she thinks it never hurts to have information from others experiences.