PDA

View Full Version : Not Constricting?

Not Constricting?

muffinman206
06-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Today I bought a live fuzzy for my snake and when I fed it to my snake everything seemed fine at first. He struck its neck, but didn't constrict it. He manovered it so the fuzzy's face was in his mouth. The fuzzy was very much alive and was trying to get away but he still didn't try constricting it. I'm not even sure if it was dead when he finished swallowing it. Should I be worried or could he just be exhausted from shedding recently? He hasn't had food in almost 2 weeks now because of shedding. Thanks

CMatt2157
06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I have heard of this on a few other threads but have personally not experienced this since I have not feed live... yet. I don't think it is anything to worry about because the snake probably doesn't feel the fuzzy is a threat. I'm sure when he gets to hoppers, he will have to start constricting or else they will get away and may cause harm. But personally, I feel the snake knows what it is doing.

Bobo's Mama
06-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Sometimes they just don't constrict. There's not really anything to worry about. I have one corn that constricts every single meal no matter what. He doesn't care if its dead or alive. My other two don't really bother constricting. Or if they do its kind of like an afterthought and like a weak attempt at best. I wouldn't feed him anything larger than a fuzzy if it wasn't dead or at least stunned though. It sounds like your guy is just a calm eater, either that or he knows that the little fuzzy couldn't hurt him.