PDA

View Full Version : feeding

feeding

csmith1626
04-17-2002, 07:40 PM
I WAS WONDREING IF THE SNAKES EAT LIZARDS.

StevesBro
04-17-2002, 08:32 PM
it depends, once i gave mine a frog.. guess its just the snakes preference

Kevin M
04-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Snakes in general or corns? Some picky Corns will eat anoles and other small lizards, Yes.

-Kev

Jr Nimeskern
04-18-2002, 12:25 AM
Each corn is as individual as you and me... some florida corns will usually start eating mostly anoles... but with most corns they eat mice...

Simon
04-18-2002, 12:56 AM
yes they do......
but then
just a little warning if you are thinking of trying since some snakes will get addicted to the food item that they have eaten before. So if you feed your corn on a lizard once they might have to be on lizards for the rest of it's life.....and that would be much much more costly........but of course, there is this scenting thing....but it doesn't always work......
I wouldn't try lizards if it's already on mice.....
but just an advice....

Good luck and Happy Herping!

jim
04-18-2002, 04:48 AM
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS....i have a snow corn who will eat anything i put in front of him... here's the list of what he has eaten: mice, rat pinks, a gerbil, a spiny mouse, an anole, a longtail grass lizard, a chick, a leopard frog, an american toad, and a young bullfrog. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS. he is quite an aggressive feeder and has even tried to munch on me. any type of movement and he goes for it. many corns will imprint on one type of food item and refuse all others if given a chance. this corn i bought back when i still knew very little about them (quite often still feel that way) and had read that they will eat many different things in the wild. so, i decided to test it out. very glad that i used this snake, but would not do it again. once again... I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS... :) ---JIM