PDA

View Full Version : Eggs!?

Eggs!?

JasonS
06-07-2006, 10:20 PM
About seven weeks ago, my wife and I decided to breed our two hypos together. The male didn't seem that interested so we threw our amel male in with our hypo female to see what would happen, this was our first attempt at breeding so we were a little anxious. And he went right after her. Yesterday, we came home to find two slugs right outside her egg-box, I am kinda concerned that she didn't lay them in the box, they were slugs, and nothing else today. So yesterday I added alittle bit more moss and switch her tub with another to the bottom of the rack because the temps are about five degrees cooler and alittle darker. While switching the tubs, I noticed another egg in the other female's tub. Today she laid ten more eggs! Why the exlamation you ask? I didn't breed her and they are all slugs. I know this isn't out of the ordinary, but it was a suprise to us! Does anyone have any advise on the other female? I have peralite to change out the moss, but I would like to give a chance, but how long? The temps changed from about 86 to 80. Thanks for any suggestions.