PDA

View Full Version : Non-feeder finally fed!

Non-feeder finally fed!

ickle_moose
06-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Hello all, I am back from the abyss! Real world stuff kept me away from my favourite forum but I have returned, mwahahahaaaa!

That said, I have discovered another possibility to try with non-feeders. My tiny striped snow (psychotic little thing by the name of Rose), never wasted any time trying to take a chunk out of my fingers but also never voluntarily ate. Got to the syringe feeding stage which if you have been there I'm sure you know is unpleasant all around. I'm out in Taiwan, so this might not be an available solution for all, but here goes: I picked up a tiny gecko to see if she'd go for that, on the theory that voluntarily eating anything would be a step up. As I was feeding my 12 snakes she ended up with a live gecko and a live pinky in her feed-deli-cup that night. I did realise it, but thought, 'well let's see what happens'. My biggest hope was that she might manage to snag the gecko's tail. Check back in the morning- she ate the pinky! Jaw droppingly amazing! Gecko happy as larry now living on our balcony, Rose eating unscented, f/t pinkies as if she always had.

No idea why this worked and is probably not a good idea for many reasons, but for those at the end of their tether with a fading snake.... worth a shot!

Tula_Montage
06-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Congratulations! I hate those non feeders :( And sadly he new hoggie has turned out to be problematic *GRRR*

Never give up is always the answer eh ;)

diamondlil
06-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Excellent, always good to hear about feeding successes!
(oh bum, Tula, it's early days though...good luck)

Tula_Montage
06-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Excellent, always good to hear about feeding successes!
(oh bum, Tula, it's early days though...good luck)

Thanks lil, i have high hopes, not that worried at all :)
I love hearing of how people get problematics to eat, always a great source of advise and help, now that i need it