PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get decent mice???

Where can I get decent mice???

WAS1
06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
For months now i`ve been buying frozen mice in the Hull area and the quality has gone down drastically.
I`m sure theyre all buying in bulk from the same place.
The mice are stuck together, twisted, and when thawed theyre wet and stink.
My Rat snakes even refuse them unless they get really hungry.
Anybody know of any quality F/T mice supplier in the UK, even if I have to mail order in bulk, it would help.
Thanks.

[-ShoRty-]
06-15-2006, 11:27 AM
well mice are supposed to stink trust me the snakes love the smell

and what do you expect them to come sat in a chair all groomed ready for your piccy snakes?? hehehe

honestly mate there are some sites in the uk corn snakes website your better off the for your meals as this site is american

http://reptilefanclub.co.uk
http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk

theres 2 im on they should help ya out

WAS1
06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
I know mice dont smell that good anyway, but at one time they appeared freshly killed and then frozen.
The ones I get now look and smell like theyve been dead a week before anyone decided to freeze them.

razorback
06-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Purchase your feeder mice from the mice breeders....The Mouse Factory, RodentPro, Big Cheese........They can be kept for approx 4 months in a good freezeer bag.

razorback
06-15-2006, 04:51 PM
ah sorry, I should read your location first... you are going to need countrymen to come to your aid.

[-ShoRty-]
06-16-2006, 03:09 AM
i have heard about some people thawin the mice out and then re-freezing them like if you buy 3 mice and give 1 to your snake then put the other 2 in the freezer that takes the energy out of the mice. they should never be thawed and then re-frozen for any reason as it is bad for them and the snake

look on live foods mate thats and english site and you should find what you are looking for there....

diamondlil
06-16-2006, 03:15 AM
I know what you mean, one of my suppliers sold me a bag of pinkies that just went mushy when I thawed them, apparently they must have been thawed and re-frozen, but the shop I get from now has better quality mice. Did you get your money back? I did.

chaoslycan
06-16-2006, 03:24 AM
if you can and have the room its easier to breed them.....

WAS1
06-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanx for your replies, I dont have the room to breed my own, and I never thaw and refreeze.
I`ve looked on line and found one or two suppliers. Might give them a go.