PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing ever

Funniest thing ever

UCSB Robert
10-28-2002, 01:26 AM
So every night when Pork pops his head out of his hide, he'll go straight to finding a way out. Strangely enough, he can actually cling onto the mesh material I made the top out of... only he'll get to the middle of the lid and fall down onto the bedding. He acts confused for a sec, than proceeds to go up to the top only to fall down again. I think I saw him do it 5 times in a row, then I lost count. Is this normal? lol... poor guy, should I stop him from doing this, any possible brain damage? I feel so bad... I don't know whether I should laugh my head off or try to prevent it. Help would be nice! Thanks!

bmm
10-28-2002, 07:52 AM
Yep!

Corns love doing that, so do my kingsnakes. Sometimes they sit on that tiny ledge that tanks have at the top for hours.

Its normal, and I wouldn't really worry about injury. They are pretty tough, if something bad did happen it would really be a "freak" accident because all of my corns do that constantly and for years + now they are perfectly fine.

:)

bmm

Unregister
10-28-2002, 02:02 PM
i know what you mean...you would of thought they would of got the message by the 10th fall.....but no!!

Mine does that too..

He does it ALL the time......as BMM said they are pretty tough and its not that far a fall.....i hope!:rolleyes:

Nagah11979
10-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Mine does the same thing!

He keeps me up at night because I hear him crashing into the bedding every 5 minutes! :p

So silly!

GinnyO
10-28-2002, 08:32 PM
Both of my snakes love that tiny ledge on top of the tanks, but Willow grew too big now to squish herself up there. The new baby seems to think of it as her favorite hide and spends many days nicely squished around the rim. Sometimes I don't see her up there and take the lid off and down she goes. Poor thing. Must be quite a shock! :eek:

clumsly
06-19-2003, 02:05 AM
lol as in many of our corns there goal in life is to escape.

babydragon149
06-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I don't have mesh at the top of my aquarium, but my corn that I got yesterday, I've already seen him attempting to escape once.
I don't know what I would do if he did! He might slither out of the house altogether!

Dude
06-25-2003, 03:38 PM
My corn Dude, i always find on the ledge if my tank, he fits really well until he has that lump in his belly then he falls down when you open it. He looks at me like he mad at me for open the lid, but the next night he's up there again, your right it seems he would get it after the first 10 falls.:D