PDA

View Full Version : snakes blotches arent seperating (stopped growing?)

snakes blotches arent seperating (stopped growing?)

Arun
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
hey guys, i have an anery named Janan thats about 2 feet long, female...great eater since she's been with me....about a month and a half, fed hoppers every 6 days.

when i brought her home the first day she was about the same size (almost exactly) as my other snake Arun which i think is female as well...but now a month and a half later, Arun is quite a bit bigger than Janan is...Arun's blotches on her back are still splitting and im guessing that means she is growing....

but see, with Janan, her blotches are perfect...what i mean is they are all uniform and none of them are splitting...

so i guess the question is, since she is feeding the same as Arun, and he blotches arent splitting, is there something wrong with her, or is she maybe some sort of hybrid, and i was lied to?

please let me know. also if i was unclear about anything please point it out.

MegF.
06-16-2006, 05:43 PM
If you are talking about her saddles, the markings she has are pretty much the ones she has. There won't be all that much difference in the spacing or shape. Yes there will be changes as she grows but if they are closely spaced saddles, they most likely will stay that way. All of her grows, not just the spaces between the saddles :) As far as a size difference, every snake grows at different rates. I have two that are the same age (my breeders) and one is 4 ft. the other 3 1/2. It's just the way they are.

Arun
06-17-2006, 04:50 PM
ok i know they grow at different rates...thanks...but i was wondering about the splitting of the saddles. im not talking about the spaces in-between them. im talking about them splitting in half just as a cell would divide from one into two.

this is happening on my girl arun, and not janan.

MegF.
06-17-2006, 05:33 PM
If you could post a picture of what you mean, maybe I'd get it. I just can't picture what you're talking about. Usually, whatever markings they are born with stay that way, they just get bigger. They don't split like a cell and grow larger. The exceptions to this are morphs that become a solid color like blood reds or something like that. It's possible that there already was a split in the saddle but it's just becoming more noticeable as the snake gets older.

Roy Munson
06-17-2006, 05:35 PM
If you could post a picture of what you mean, maybe I'd get it. I just can't picture what you're talking about. Usually, whatever markings they are born with stay that way, they just get bigger. They don't split like a cell and grow larger. The exceptions to this are morphs that become a solid color like blood reds or something like that. It's possible that there already was a split in the saddle but it's just becoming more noticeable as the snake gets older.I agree; photos would be a big help. I'm thinking that 'Arun' is talking about the 'frosting' that you see develop in some corns, particularly in anerys and ghosts. :shrugs: