PDA

View Full Version : Pukey or Poopy...

Pukey or Poopy...

MetalAbrahm
06-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I recently posted some things about my snake, Charlie Blue-Horse, having a visible lump after 6 days of feeding. The lump diminished big time, and I thought my troubles were over. I checked on him today and he seemed fine. Then a few hours later when I was sitting at the computer I saw him slithering about. I checked on him and found what appeared to be an undigested mouse. This is what it looked like.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/Metalabrahm/DSC00789.jpg
Before this came out, the lump had diminished and moved closer to his tail. I always thought their poop were little black balls, but according to another poster, this could be poop as well... Any ideas?

dwyn127
06-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Sometimes they pass partially undigested parts, but after reading your other thread and my response to it, I would treat it as a regurg. Wether it is or not, he obviously had difficulty digesting his meal. I would give him 10 days, no food, no handling. I would set the warm side temp at about 83 with the UTH, place the temp probe under the warm side hide and get rid of the overhead light.

If you had no concerns this past week and saw this it could be looked at as poop, but based on the fact you've been concerned all week tells me you need to take this seriously. Trust what your gut is telling you!!! :-puke02:

little_emmo
06-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Ok i know all thsi talk is a bit yuck but my snake pooped for the first time (since i had her) a day or so ago. thing was it looket rather liquidy :-puke01: Like as really badly gone off egg :S Is that normal poop or something else entirely?

Sorry i hijacked this thread, but it seemed appropriate rather than starting a new?

diamondlil
06-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Poor Charlie, personally I think it was undigested mouse pooped out, but I feel food being passed from either end is as serious.......maybe the food was too big, or the temps too low, in which case it can decompose quicker than the snake can digest it.
I'd play safe and follow the regurge sticky step by step, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Charlie. If you've got nutribac or grapefruit seed extract, I'd give it to him too.