PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY! :cry:

EMERGENCY! :cry:

SunnyCorn
06-20-2006, 01:17 PM
:cry: Guys I need your help just help, I went to disneyland with my friends since hes going to move. And while I was gone my little brother held my snake without my permission. He forgot to put to the stupid lid on! My snake was attacked, I asked my dad if we can take him to the vet NOW! He said what for? They can't do anything for it. :cry:

So I have to take things into my own matters, my mom is doing the best she can so get my dad to change his mind. But I have scrubbed down his cage to make is clean and I will be doing this everyday. I removed his tree I'm afriad he'll hurt himself, and I gave him freshwater and left his two hids inside and replaced his aspen with shredded newspaper.

The cut is a little above where his poop comes out. And starts...you know what i'll just get a picture in a minute. But is there anything else I can do for him to make him more comfortable than what he already is. (hes in pain I can tell) :cry: :cry: :cry: And another bad thing is i fed him a fuzzy 1 day before that and havent held him since, but since my brother held him his second day he wasnt sopposed to be held(42 hour non holdingtime) he barfed up his meal. Guys I could really use your help. Please. :cry:

SunnyCorn
06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Guys I can't find my camera!!!!!! So i'll have to describe it the best I can.

The cut is a little above where is stool comes out. it starts from one of his sides and runs accross his belly and stops at his other side. One side doesn't look too deep, but on the other side I think I see muscle tissue coming out. What i'm worried the most about is his digestive system and if its damaged. And I cleaned it with water but too warm tho because of the (if its warm to you, its hot to them) thing. Hope this helps.

Alphatexana
06-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm very sorry for you and your snake.

I'm not a vet, and this probably isn't what you want to hear, but I believe that I would consider immediately putting down any animal showing obvious signs of pain and exhibiting serious physical injury ("muscle tissue coming out"). This certainly doesn't sound like something that is going to get better on its own.

Alpha

Emanon
06-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Is there tissue coming out?

One of the best things to do is to give it the least stressful situation possible. Do not constantly check on it or turn on the lights on and off constantly to look in on it. Cleanse the wound with something... betadine etc.. and you can put a little neosporin or something like that.

Sorry about this.
SE

I know it stresses you too.

Plissken
06-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I know I don't know your situation and I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but just go to the vet. I respect my parents very much but if an animal of mine needed urgent attention it would go, regardless of what they say on the matter.

You're responsible for that snake and it's wellbeing, and at 17 you're old enough to take responsibility. Again, I'm very sorry to be so harsh, but I'm just thinking of your snake getting the attention he deserves. Good luck.

SunnyCorn
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Thank you all. But there is no way to get to a vet from where I am, I don't have a car, or a license. My mom called the vet and they said the only they told her to do was, push the stuff back in and put neosporine on it and rap it in a bandade to keep it secure. I did the best I can. And when my mom get home from work and if he looks bad we are taking him to the vet, and excepting what ever happens, and if he does I am not getting another snake. I just couldn't take it. Plissken it's ok to be harsh, it makes me focus more, believe me I would do anything to get him to a vet, only a vet place it a freeway away from my house. And the tissue, there wasnt alit of it just a beebee bullet size. I'll just pray that he will be ok. And thank you guys for your advise.

Paradox
06-20-2006, 02:06 PM
All I can say is best of luck, I hope he pulls through...

Alphatexana
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
All I can say is best of luck, I hope he pulls through...

Agreed--please keep us posted.

JenC
06-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Im so sorry:( I hope he pulld thro.

What, may i ask, was he attacked by?

SunnyCorn
06-20-2006, 03:15 PM
My cat. i cant tell if its claw or bite. But hes resting and not trying to put the bandade off. I think it numbed that area.

Amadeo
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Have it euthanised... The cat I mean

JenC
06-21-2006, 03:14 PM

The cat is not at fault, nor did the cat do anything wrong. The cat was doing what cats do, play with string like things...

Amadeo
06-21-2006, 03:34 PM
CoughNotACatPersonCough

Billybobob
06-21-2006, 03:38 PM

I thought it was funny and I own a cat.

CoughNotACatPersonCough

Ever hear of a space bar? :grin01:

Emanon
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
bad kitty!!! *notacatpersoneither*

SunnyCorn
06-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Jen is right, its not the cats fault, it's mine and my brother's fault, Mine for leaving the house, my brothers for leaving the lid off.

But good news everyone. Sunny is recovering, Skin is starting to form over the cut. And the swelling has gone down. :cheers: But hes not out of the woods yet.

susang
06-22-2006, 12:07 PM
I am happy for both you and your snake. It is an easy mistake to leave the lid off or not locked. I worry about it all the time as I have nine cats. I am so pleased your snake is improving. :wavey: susan

SunnyCorn
06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Thank you Susan, my mom came in the other day and asked how's our Sunny doing, I haven't checked checked on him for a long time, and so i took him out to see how it was doing. He is doing well, the selling is going down from what it was before, but I'm still worried about his digestive system. I hope he keeps this up.

And I need an advise. He got hurt Sunday night, treated him Monday morning. I'm thinking of feeding him a very small pinkie on Saturday night. He regurged his fuzzy because my brother held him WAY too soon. So do you thinking I should wait longer or stick with when I'm going to feed him or move it up to Friday?

Thanks, and I apologize for my second post....lots of spelling errors, I was under stress.

kathylove
06-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident.

Do not feed any time soon. It will only stress the areas that you said might involve his digestive tract. Just let him rest and follow the regurge protocol. They can go a long time without food if they are healthy to start with.

Have your parents given any kind of punishment to your brother for opening the cage without permission? What is to stop him from doing it again?

If it is an aquarium, I suggest buying 2 cheap hasps at the hardware store and a couple of cheap locks, and some silicone seal. Attach one part of the hasp to the lid, and one part to the glass. Put one on each side of the tank. Then be sure to lock it every time you leave your room.

Hope he can recover and you can prevent little brother from another adventure.

SunnyCorn
06-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Ok I will do just that. Thank you.

And way ahead of you. I already bought 2 locks. And did just that. No they have not punished him. But I did swear in his face that if Sunny does I will make his life as horrible as you have made mine. I just wish my parents(dad) would SEE that what my brother did was wrong and ground him or something instead of saying don't do it again. Mom is mad though, she said I am very disappointed in him, and told him that I am.

Later she told me what she really wanted to do, was shove him in his bed and slap him. Too bad she didn't huh? Well thank you Kathy for your concerns, it really helps. :)

MegF.
06-23-2006, 12:38 AM
You would be surprised at how tough snakes really are. I was photographing a friend's snake collection and we had one of his pythons on a palm tree. The spines on the palm got hung up in his skin and actually pierced thru. We cleaned it with some diluted peroxide and placed some neosporin on it. He kept him on clean paper towel, no substrate and within a couple of weeks his snake shed and the injury was gone. These things happen, and unfortunately young people can be careless. I'd be willing to bet he'll be more careful in the future though.

SunnyCorn
06-23-2006, 01:05 AM
I sure hope so and thanks. What you said just cheered me up. :D

jamesb
06-23-2006, 05:36 AM
i hope it gets better soon sunnycorn

SunnyCorn
06-23-2006, 01:07 PM
AWSOME NEWS!!!!! When I was cleaning his cage this morning, I found stool! It was runny though, but it still brightened my hopes up. :D :D :D :D

And thanks James.

jamesb
06-23-2006, 02:14 PM
you welcome and keep your hopes up to or they will never come true (thats wat i say) tell your snake get well soon from james :)

french6
06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
. I just wish my parents(dad) would SEE that what my brother did was wrong and ground him or something instead of saying don't do it again.

It's not like your brother did it on purpose. He left it opened by accident and unfortunately your cat got at your snake. Accidents happen...

SunnyCorn
06-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes but, he held my snale without permission! He's 13 years old almost 14! I woudl think he would have more sence than to leave a snakes viv open.....sorry i'm still upset. :cry:

And what bothers me the most is that he's acting as if nothing ever happened, while i'm working hard looking after my Sunny. Yesturday, he asked me for some money to buy some icecream for he and his friends..... tell me that's wrong!! Because i'm still in shock. :cry:

And thanks James I will do that.

SunnyCorn
06-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Sorry for the spelling errors.............

MooreSnakes
06-24-2006, 10:04 PM
And what bothers me the most is that he's acting as if nothing ever happened, while i'm working hard looking after my Sunny. Yesturday, he asked me for some money to buy some icecream for he and his friends..... tell me that's wrong!! Because i'm still in shock. :cry:

If this makes you feel better. . . WHAT A SNOT!! !:)
I'm on the same page as you when it comes to siblings and pets. At almost fourteen he should have enough sense to put a lid back on!
:uzi: :dunce:
Anyways, I'm very sorry about your snake and I hope he heals well

Amadeo
06-25-2006, 09:48 AM
I was thinking you brother was going to be seven or eight how you said he'd acted...
I retract my statement about euthanising the cat, its your brother that needs it

JenC
06-25-2006, 11:38 AM
My sister is the same age, and i made the SAME mistake on Saturday. I left, and her and her friends decided it was a good idea to go mess with the snake rack. They left 3 bins open JUST enough so that the snakes could get out. I came home and didnt really check on them (and it was 10-11 at night) so i went to bed. Wake up and wudda ya kno?! all 3 were missing, Conveniently 2 were located at the back of the rack near the heat snuggling togehter....still havent found my little boy:( And it figures, it was the only night the dogs and 4 cats slept in my room :cry:

I pray your baby gets better, im glad he's recovering nicely :)

SunnyCorn
07-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, it's been a LONG 2 and a half weeks. Sunny well...he...he's is RECOVERED!!!! :D I'm SO HAPPY! He shed, he ate, he went to the bathroom! One of the cuts still has a whole the size of a needle, and once that's done healing i'm putting his stuff back in won't he be happy ;D After he shed I fed him and he was REALLY hungry! ROFL

Jen. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure he's hiding somewhere. ^^ And i'm sure you'll find him. If Sunny came through this, i'm sure you baby boy is just fine, he just desided to go solo fromt he others and went to get HIS side of the room. :P Don't worry he will show up. ^^ God luck! I shall pray for him! :D

MegF.
07-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Good news! Snakes are tougher than you think. Glad to hear yours is doing so well.

diamondlil
07-08-2006, 02:32 AM
glad for the good news :)

Shrap
07-11-2006, 03:05 AM
YaY. :crazy02: Your the happiest person i know to find a stool! LOL :sidestep:

your_only_nightmare
07-11-2006, 03:57 AM
jenC i hope you find him

and excellent news sunny is better, thats why i love my vvi, they have sliding glass doors, and a lock,..... and i have they keys

rjogden
08-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Just curious, WHAT exactly did you do to treat the wound? Peroxide/neosporin? My girlfriend's Roxy just got bit by a mouse - not bad, but she is worried. Clean but through the skin, tiny bit of blood. I just want to reassure her it's not definitely going to kill her.

schadenfreude
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
just remember that peroxide will do more damage than good....
it will kill the tissue if used excessively..

i am glad your snake got better...

sazzy925
09-15-2006, 12:53 PM
ooh, it's funny my cats don't bother with my snake. Hope he pulls through. Try and ring a reptile vet coz normal vets don't get much training in the field of reptiles! You never know the reptile vet might have a better fix for your snake.

rjogden
09-15-2006, 01:10 PM
Everything looks fine. She went through a molt a few days later and the scar isn't even visible any more.