PDA

View Full Version : What size should fuzzies be?

What size should fuzzies be?

Fordie
06-21-2006, 08:44 AM
My 6month old amber is eating 2 f/t pinkies at a time, twice a week. She is around 14/16 millimeters in width and around 37cm long. Wondering when i should start her on fuzzies?
My pet shop sells f/t fuzzies and i had a look at them but they seem so much bigger than pinkies, about 2cm in width and around 5/6cm long?
Are these fuzzies that i was looking at?
Also, how does her size sound for her age?
Thanks

Plissken
06-21-2006, 09:20 AM
That sounds too big to be fuzzies. My fuzzies are probably no more than 2-3cm.
If the two pinkies don't leave a very noticeable lump in your snake or if the lump disappears very quickly after feeding then it is time to bump the snake up a prey size. I find that one fuzzy is pretty much the same size as two pinkies anyway; if your snake can handle those, he can probably handle a fuzzy. Hope that helped. :)

Fordie
06-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Yea the bump goes down after about only 12hours or so, think ill try steppin it up a notch.
Thanks

Penman6668
06-21-2006, 05:12 PM
I bought fuzzies at a reptile show and they were very big. I did not notice right away. Firebolt tried to eat it but it would not go down. She finally gave up. That is when I noticed it was a lot larger than the pinkies. I went to Petco and had to get smaller fuzzies.