PDA

View Full Version : food question

food question

serpentina
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Last night I fed my snake a fuzzy for the first time because he was eating pinkies and there wasn't really any visible bump. He got it down and it seemed to take a long time. I think I may have been on the large size for what is recommended. So far, no regurge. I do have a temp. gradient in the viv and he seems fine but, I'm wondering if I should bump him down to two pinks instead (even if there is no regurge) because I can't get peach fuzzies where I live. It was pretty cool to see him constrict the prey for the first time though. :grin01: Anyway, what do you think I should do. I'll feed him in about 5 more days.

Plissken
06-21-2006, 12:15 PM
It can sometimes take a long time for a snake to tackle a larger prey size; imagining trying to get your jaws round it! :)

If he doesn't regurge, I'd say keep him on fuzzies.

Emanon
06-21-2006, 12:38 PM
agreed! fuzzies... you can wait 6-7 days on the first one or two just to ease your nerves... I usually wait an extra day or two when bumping up a size or after a larger than normal prey item.

serpentina
06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I was thinking the same things but, wanted some more opinions. I love this site! Thanks again and I will wait a few more days before I feed again (probably 7) for the next few feedings.