PDA

View Full Version : A Good Day in SoCal

A Good Day in SoCal

lefty_mussolini
06-22-2006, 06:37 AM
I have been going out hiking everyday here in Southern California. Last week I saw a couple of snakes here and there (mostly Whip Snakes, and 1 Gopher.) This week, however, nothing. One day, I didn't even see any Fence Lizards (which I see everytime I go out on my patio.)
Today I decided to try a new place, not too far from the place I had been going lately. It was suggested by one of my co-workers. Well, it was a success. In addition to a ridiculous amount of Fence Lizards, I saw a Southern Pacific Rattlesnake, a Black-Headed Snake, and an Alligator Lizard. The Alligator Lizard had dropped it's tail, and it looked like it's leg wasn't in good condition. The Black-Headed Snake was very docile when I caught it. The Southern Pacific was soooo calm. It didn't rattle or anything.

Roy Munson
06-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Glad you had a productive outing, Trevor. :) That rattler is very cool. :cheers:

dionythicus
06-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Love the black headed snake. Any snake that tiny and adorable is hard not to keep!

TandJ
06-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Cool Trev.. I don't find the Pacific's up here.. Sidewinders and Mojaves.. I did find a white and black shovel nose though.. I always thought they were pretty well yellow and black banded.. Came a across a brown coloured Mojave too.. Great finds Dude..

Regards Tim of T and J

miamijuan3
06-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Cool trev where abouts do you go?
:shrugs:

lefty_mussolini
06-23-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I was quite excited that day.
Tim- I still have to make my way out your way. There are some pretty cool critters out there.
Juan- It was Horsethief Canyon Park in San Dimas. It's right up the road from San Dimas Canyon Park.

miamijuan3
06-23-2006, 02:09 AM
thanks Trev i gotta check it out