PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used cage carpet before??

Anyone used cage carpet before??

bozoskeleton
04-18-2002, 11:15 AM
Hi all-

Just wondering if anyone here has used the cage carpet before. What are your opoinions on it? I'm currently using it but am gonna switch to aspen when my corn gets a little bigger. For me the carpet seems to work OK but it does not control odor at ALL. One little poopie and the whole cage stinks. Only drawback I've found so far. It's fairly easy to clean and looks pretty good too. Anyone else have any thoughts on it??

Bryan

Elaphe_Mo
04-18-2002, 11:29 AM
It wasn't bad but was a pain to clean compared to aspen or carefresh bedding. And you are right, it didn't control odor at all. Plus my snakes like to burrow in their bedding a lot, so I think that makes them a little happier.

Simon
04-18-2002, 09:48 PM
well....I used artifical grass before.....but then it was really really hard during cleaning.....I am now using aspen bedding and will continue to use it later on in future....

StevesBro
04-18-2002, 10:52 PM
i use carpet on my corns cage, started with bark, moved to carpet, and am gonna try aspen probably this weekend.. My milks cage has repti bark.. and is going to be switched when i find some aspen

where can you get it? im thinking about trying the farming supply stores maybe?

Iris
04-18-2002, 10:57 PM
I found some in a local pet shop. Kaytee brand. I didn't buy any though. I just use paper towels for Xavier. It makes the poop really easy to spot.

Matt L
04-19-2002, 12:28 AM
I used outdoor carpet in my pythons cages because they were so large,If you cut several pieces and rotate them it helps keep the smell down to some degree, but for the cornsnakes the aspen is the best I've found so far. I found the best place to buy it is at a local feed store. Walmart and 1 local pet store have it, but it's to expensive there. I have to bed down 42 trays-It kinda gets outa hand. i usually look for the biggest brick I can find.

CornsnakeKeeper
04-19-2002, 02:59 PM
I use carefresh bedding because my corns love to bury themselves in it. I have the carpet at the bottom so that they can't get too close to the heatpad. I don't like having to clean it though. You seem to really have to scrub it.

SLAYER85
04-27-2002, 04:45 PM
what is this aspen stuff that you all are refering to?

Iris
04-27-2002, 06:03 PM
it's shavings or like little chips of aspen wood...it's one of the most popular substrates for corns. Really good stuff. It smells nice and looks good and it's easy to clean up the snake poop.
You can get it online or from most petshops.