PDA

View Full Version : Field Herping at work!

Field Herping at work!

mbdorfer
06-29-2006, 12:48 PM
This is a funny but true story. This morning at work, my boss left for a few minutes to go get some change at the bank. When he returned, he opened the overhead garage door in the warehouse, walked up to the showroom, looked at me and the other salesman and said "Alright, who's messing with me". Wes and I looked at him at said what are you talking about? He says, "there's a snake in the warehouse". I'm like, no way!. He's still thinking I had something to do with it, and I'm not believing him about the snake, as we often play practical jokes on each other. So I walk back there and lo and behold I see tis guy. He apparently was on the top of the garage door and took a nasty fall when my boss opened it. Fortunately I always carry a snake bag in the car, so I took him home and set him up in a 10 gal. I'll keep an eye on him for a week and probabaly release him.......or not! How cool is finding a snake in your place of employment!!!!!!! The last pic shows an area of concern, possibly due to the 12 foot drop from the ceiling to the concrete floor. :wavey:

ArpeggioAngel
06-29-2006, 12:50 PM
That is totally cool!! Seems like any time Joe and I look for snakes we can't find anything and here they are showing up at work for you. You are such a lucky dog! Looks like a pretty one too!

lefty_mussolini
06-29-2006, 12:54 PM
I wish gorgeous wild Corn Snakes were falling from the sky at my work :grin01:
Very cool Mike.

mbdorfer
06-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah! I'm still flipping out over it. First my driveway, now a warehouse in a paint store! Heck I've wasted 20 yrs looking for love in all the wrong places! :grin01:

CaptBogart
06-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Must be your cologne, are you wearing snake pheromones? :rofl: All I can say is that at this rate you better carry more bags....

dionythicus
06-30-2006, 01:40 AM
All he wanted was a job!

cowboyman13
06-30-2006, 07:14 AM
All he wanted was a job!

Now that's funny. :grin01:

Congrats Mike too cool to find one like that.

Shaky
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
All that yellow on a young snake - you KNOW that's a genetic trait

Piper
06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Very nice looking corn.

The last photo looks like he's damaged a bit... was there an area of the garage door that might have pinched / compressed him a bit when it was raised? Poor little guy. I would not be happy falling 12 feet either!!

mbdorfer
06-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Very nice looking corn.

The last photo looks like he's damaged a bit... was there an area of the garage door that might have pinched / compressed him a bit when it was raised? Poor little guy. I would not be happy falling 12 feet either!!
Yeah, it depends where he actually was. If he was in one of the tracks, then he could have been pinched by one of the rollers.......Ouch!
He is very typical of the corns I have observed in this area, very bright with little black on the dorsal. It's hard to tell from these poor quality pics, but he looks very much like Lazarus, who was caught not far from here and now owned by Jimmy (cowboyman13) :cheers:

cowboyman13
06-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah, it depends where he actually was. If he was in one of the tracks, then he could have been pinched by one of the rollers.......Ouch!
He is very typical of the corns I have observed in this area, very bright with little black on the dorsal. It's hard to tell from these poor quality pics, but he looks very much like Lazarus, who was caught not far from here and now owned by Jimmy (cowboyman13) :cheers:

Yeah those corns around MikeB's are lookers.

Both are doing good. One shed last week. Both eat like champs. I will get some more pics up on the next feeding day. I get a kick out of Lazarus, rearranging the location of the hide every couple of days.

mbdorfer
06-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah those corns around MikeB's are lookers.

Both are doing good. One shed last week. Both eat like champs. I will get some more pics up on the next feeding day. I get a kick out of Lazarus, rearranging the location of the hide every couple of days.
Still doing that! She was quite the party animal when she lived here :grin01:

Gintha
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
LOL that last pic is too cute! Mind if I use it on my desk top?

Only snakes I get to catch wild are grass snakes and garter snakes *sigh* although some of them are dangerously cute.. specially the little grass snakes that get a neon orange tail.. hrmm... maybe when I eventually move to *cough* Atlanta *cough* I can have a snake fall out of the sky too =P (Yes I know corns are illegal in Georgia *sigh* I'll find a way!) Good luck with this little guy.. hes adorable!

mbdorfer
10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
LOL that last pic is too cute! Mind if I use it on my desk top?
Not at all! :cheers: