PDA

View Full Version : Temperament after breeding...

Temperament after breeding...

Axe
10-31-2002, 05:25 PM
Do males generally calm down after breeding?

I recently got an adult male who's kinda nuts. He's bitten me once, and tagged a friend of mine twice when he came around a few days ago.

I'm going to try and brumate him and see if he just... "forgets" he's a nutcase (was a suggestion somebody said sometimes works, hehe).

But after breeding, do males tend to calm down a lil bit?

Tim Madsen
11-01-2002, 11:21 AM
I doubt that will help. If it bites and holds on it's a feeding response, if it bites and lets go it's a defensive response. If it bites and holds on, feed it more. If it bites and lets go, handle it more. This may or may not help. Most corns never bite, most that do will stop with handling. A very small amount just have bad attitudes and never change. I hope yours is not one of the latter. IMHO

Axe
11-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Thanks Tim.

I've not had him that long, but he does tend to bite & hold on, so my thinking is that it's a hunger reaction.

He does seem a LITTLE bit skinny for a 4ft snake, so I've been giving him an adult mouse per week for now. I'll slow it down as he puts on a lil more weight :)

Hope H
11-01-2002, 04:56 PM
I feed my adult Corns two large mice a week and they eagerly take them one right after the other. He may just be really hungry.

Axe
11-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Cool, I'll bump up the feeding then :)

Tim Madsen
11-01-2002, 08:26 PM
I'd give it an adult mouse twice a week for awhile. IMHO