PDA

View Full Version : Size and weight concerns

Size and weight concerns

Fordie
07-06-2006, 10:11 PM
My snake, i think, is a november 05 hatchling (going from the feeding records anyway). She is an Amber, or Caramel Hypo, which ever you prefer.
Measured her other day using the snake measurer program and she is just over 16inches. Have never weighed her, cant find scales. She is around 1.5 cm in height and similar in width. I have read this site for quite a while and have seen that some early 06 hatchlings are already around 20+ inches.
She has been on 2pinkies per feed for the last 4weeks to bump her up to fuzzies and has had her first ever fuzzy last night. I feed her twice a week.
Her temps and humidity and general health are all in order too.
Is my snake relatively small or is her size about right? I know that they differ from snake to snake but am just asking anyway.
Thanks in advance

CaptBogart
07-06-2006, 10:32 PM
I have 05's ranging from 18.5" to 25.65" and they only eat once a week. The smallest are on fuzzies, middle ones on small hoppers/large fuzzies/rat pinks, while the largest is now on eyes closed rat pups. Mine didn't really take off until they were on fuzzies/rat pinks. My largest refused anything with fur, so he was on mouse pinks until he could take rat pinks, and last week was the first time he took a rat pup with fur... So, in theory, the largest should have not been growing bigger than the rest, just to prove they all grow at their own rate..