PDA

View Full Version : Motley?

Motley?

Psomion
11-01-2002, 11:53 AM
So yeah, I got this mega hyper cool Anery hatchling snake from a show. Shes super sweet and very nice looking. (I'm poor and dont' have a scanner or digital camera to show you cause that would make an answer easier for you to give). On that note I'll ask my question. She exibits some motley traits but not full motley. I know basicaly all corns have the motley trait by their head, but on her (although not connected) the saddles are pinching the base colour the whole way back. So (yes finialy the question) as time and sheds go by will these possibly develop into a fully motley, or is the actualy pattern set at birth? Is this just a really weak strain of motley or what? Any thoughts at all would be most grand. Thanx guys and gals.
-Doug

kenalotia
11-01-2002, 12:35 PM
What does her belly look like? Some motleys have fully connected saddles all the way down their backs, others don't. The way to tell on the ones that seem a bit "iffy" is to check the belly pattern. If it's motley, the belly will be plain, pretty much white. If it's not a motley, there will be the normal pattern of checkering on the belly.

But I think that her pattern will pretty much stay the way it is for the rest of her life, except that she'll probably develop yellow when she gets older.

Psomion
11-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Sitting here at work (working oh so hard) I have to go on memory, but yeah, she has markings on her belly. So yeah, she regular, still pretty though so i shouldn't complain any. Many thanx for the info.
-Doug