PDA

View Full Version : My Striped snow is no more...

My Striped snow is no more...

albinoscooby
07-17-2006, 01:08 PM
As the title says, my striped snow died :'(. I got home and looked in her cage to find that she was purple. My first guess was of course that she was dead. I went to pick her up, and yep I was right... She was dead. She wasn't a non feeder either. She had eaten 6 times since I got her. She was refusing eating for almost two weeks. Her cage was the right temp, I always changed her water, I saw her drinking water. I was going to try feeding her on her own one last time today then force feed her if she didn't eat it. Too late now... I have to start looking for another one now =/. I liked the striped snow too :'(. And please don't flame this thread anybody. Help is appreciated. But not flaming. I loved this snake a lot. It's hard not to think of her :(.

Roy Munson
07-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Sorry to hear that, guy. :(

serpentina
07-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Sorry for your loss.

cornsnakekid92
07-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Yea, i am really sorry to hear that

albinoscooby
07-17-2006, 04:22 PM
anything like this ever happen to you guys?

Roy Munson
07-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Sure. I've had many pets die. I got my first corn when I was 14, and it died a year (or so) later from impaction (pet store recommended corncob bedding; no one mentioned risk of in-viv feeding). It sucked. :(

dawnrenee2000
07-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I know there are many of us who have had to deal with the loss of a pet here. And even when its not a personal pet, its heartbreaking to hold a lifeless animal in your hands.

BeckyG
07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
SO sorry to hear that. Sometimes they just die and we don't know what happened.

Yes, I've had pets die, many of them. When you consider that most animals have much shorter lifespans than humans, it is something we all have to deal with. It is not fun. But it is part of life.

diamondlil
07-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Oh shame, sorry to hear that

dionythicus
07-17-2006, 05:49 PM
It's always a shock to find an animal dead or dying.

I had pet rats years ago and came home to find one that I thought was already dead. When I took her out of the cage I realised she was still breathing. My friend (who was older and was able to drive) took me and rat to the vet (with approval from Mom to take some of her cookie jar money for the bill). The vet staff tried to revive her, but she didn't make it. They didn't charge me, either. I have the feeling that they simply put her out of her suffering, but at least they took the time to do something when I brought a nearly dead rat in.

Right now I'm dreading when my beloved cats and dogs pass away in a few years (some are in their teens now). I can't even think about it. I will love other pets, but I will never have animals like these again.

I'm sorry for your loss.

CARattler40
07-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. Similar thing happened with my first snake, a ball python, so I know how much it sucks to find a snake dead for apparently no reason. :(

MegF.
07-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. My friend said once that she felt animals died before we did so that we could have more of them to teach us in our lives. I'm sorry this one died so soon though.