PDA

View Full Version : sneezing?

sneezing?

bada bing91
07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
when ever i hold my snake he seems to cough or sneeze has anyone ever experienced this before chould i worry other then that hes acting normal and eats and is shedding

bada bing91
07-17-2006, 11:05 PM
hes nto shedding butwhen he does its healthy

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
07-18-2006, 03:47 PM
What are you Viv temps?
Does he have warm and cool sides in his Viv? and are there hides at both ends so he can choose the right temps?
Do you notice him sneezing or coughing when you are not holding him?
When he breaths does it sound wheezy or is his mouth slightly open?

If his temps are either too warm or too cold he could have a respiratory problem. I would suggest checking the temperateres in his Viv and then doing another examination on him, just to make sure he is breathing OK.

razorback
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
What kind of substrate are you using? Often fumes from aromatic woods can cause reactions like that. If you are using newpaper, aspen, or indoor/outdoor carpet....I would also check the temps, and the humidity level. Too much humidity is not a good thing.

bada bing91
07-20-2006, 03:22 AM
aspen is what i use

bada bing91
07-20-2006, 03:25 AM
he has 2 hides 1 warm side and cool side the temps are 81 and the humidity i dont know i haevnt been able to find a humidity gauge if some one tell me a site where i can order a 2 in 1 humidity and temp digital gauge then it would realy help

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
07-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Oi...Don't listen to me please. I thought I had everything ok. My older snake Dez is doing alright but Lily now has a respiratory problem. I don't know if its an infection or not. I am so worried. :cry:

Plissken
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
An occasional sneeze isn't anything to worry about, but I would be concerned if it happened very regularily.

BeckyG
07-20-2006, 05:15 PM
You can get a combo digital thermometer and humidity gauge at your local Wal-mart or most hardware stores. There is no need to special order one.