• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Costa Rican herps

desertanimal

2003 UB313
Hi guys. Kristi is at the Smithsonian collecting data on primate pelves, so I'm "batching it." In my effort to do something fun for the hour before I go to bed, I cropped pics from Costa Rica last summer. I did not catch all of these herps (there was a herpetology student doing research at the field school and he caught most of them), but they're nice to look at anyway. I only caught the turnip-tailed gecko and the bullfrog. Everything that was caught went back to where it came from after photo shoots.

Attachments

• IMGP0336_edited.JPG
    IMGP0336_edited.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 82
  • IMGP0429_edited.JPG
    IMGP0429_edited.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP0435_edited.JPG
    IMGP0435_edited.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP0440_edited.JPG
    IMGP0440_edited.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP0451_edited.JPG
    IMGP0451_edited.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 81
Here's another set.

Attachments

• IMGP0533_edited.JPG
    IMGP0533_edited.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP0535_edited.JPG
    IMGP0535_edited.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP0550_edited.JPG
    IMGP0550_edited.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGP0584_edited.JPG
    IMGP0584_edited.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMGP0634_edited.JPG
    IMGP0634_edited.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 80
I can't even take credit for the pics, either. My camera isn't this good. I have crappy pics of all the same animals, but I had my friend with the nice camera burn me a CD of her pics so I'd have some that were decent. The last one is a hog-nosed viper. He's about the size of a bagel. They're really passive little snakes, so we were able to spotlight him with multiple flashlights at fairly close range to get some nice pics of him.

Attachments

• IMGP0669_edited.JPG
    IMGP0669_edited.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 80
Nice pics, Makes me think I should I pull my finger out and do some herpin' here in the UK. We've only got 4 species (maybe 5) of snakes and lizards over here but I haven't seen any of them yet in the wild.
The colours on the middle frog are amazing!

cornsnakekid92 said:
Yeah, that is a really nice red eyed tree frog!

Yeah. She was a giant. The biggest one I've ever seen. I do love those red eyed tree frogs. I especially like that their nictitating membranes appear to be laced with gold leaf. You can sort of see it in the pic where she's sleeping.

Back