PDA

View Full Version : Guess what!

Guess what!

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
07-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Well, Lily is finally eating properly, she is actually eager to take her food too, no more pushing it around and leaving it alone. Every four days she will get 2 hour old pinkies until she is able to handle more, and thats pretty soon I hope :) But I finally contacted the breeder who sold her to the petstore, apparently she was eating baby anoles. Man those things are tiny! Its no wonder she wouldn't eat the pinkies I offered her. One, they were too big, two, she just had 4 months of lizzards Oi! Oh well, its all fixed now:) That info would have been helpful when I got her eh? Gerr...I don't like petstores....

MooreSnakes
07-18-2006, 06:26 PM
The pet store was feeding her anoles? Was it an all reptile store?
Baby snakes should always be on mice if they are for sale

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
07-19-2006, 04:36 PM
It was not an all reptile store. I actually bought her on the first day that she was in that petstore. We only have a few breeders here and I guess they were the ones feeding her the anoles because she was too tiny for pinkies. Her brothers ate pinkies though and they were alot bigger than her at the same age. When I went to go get her the man at the petstore tried to feed her a little live pink and she wasn't even interested in it. It seemed 4 times her belly girth, but she looked healthy, asides from being small. I thought I could beef her up so I bought her. Well, I finally got her eating the proper sized food items but its wierd to think that all of this could have been avioded if I was given that information.

diamondlil
07-20-2006, 05:19 AM
:dancer: So glad she is eating for you, have been wishing you luck!