PDA

View Full Version : Strange

Strange

Richard
11-04-2002, 07:55 PM
Whats up guys, My young corn is acting strangly towards her food. When she aproaches a pinky with intrest she almost touches it then jerks her head away as if afraid of the pinky. She ate about 1 week ago and partial regurged. I didn't handle or mess with her for a week and now she is refusing the pinkys i try to give her i even tried braining with no avail. Any ideas sugestions?
I just can't figure this one out .
P.S she shed about 2 weeks ago
Thanks
Richard

pauljordanuk
11-05-2002, 02:59 AM
I assume that the temperatures and humidity are correct in the enclosure, with the correct temp. gradient. A healthy snake shouldn't regurge unless something is wrong. Maybe re-assess your husbandry. Leave the snake alone again for a week, then leave the pinky in the snakes enclosure overnight, see what happens. If this doesn't work leave the snake for a day or two then put the snake and another pinky together in a small bag or container for a couple of hours. I reckon that when the snakes hungry he will eat. Good Luck !

Rachel
11-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Could be something wrong with the pinkies. If she regurged then jerked away like that I would assume it was something wrong with the mice (or as Paul said something wrong with your snake). If you try Pauls suggestions to no avail then I would try getting some new food! HTH

Richard
11-05-2002, 01:29 PM
He ate! i waited untill about 9:00pm his most active time and drop in a pink and in about 2min he nailed it. I did let the pinky unthaw this time in just water not in a bag in water. Maybe the water washed away the smell the snake didn't like? oh well at least he ate thankks for your help guys
oh and yes the temps are fine along with my husbandry:)
Richard