PDA

View Full Version : Personal Experience

Personal Experience

kasidee
11-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Baby Oil will remove duct tape from your snakes skin if he manages to wedge himself underneath it where it was on the wall of his cage and get his belly and side completely stuck to it.... supposedly mineral oil will work as well, but soaking him in water for 2 hours will just make him bite you a lot

Unregister
11-05-2002, 01:50 PM
great advice! :D

Corn Crib
11-05-2002, 07:11 PM
WHY IN GO*S (CAN'T SAY HIS NAME IN VEIN) NAME WOULD YOU CORN OR ANY PET SNAKE GET STUCK IN DUCK TAPE!! sorry for the caps i just dont understand. :confused:

kasidee
11-05-2002, 08:45 PM
well... there was a piece of it over top of a gap in his tank, and so he decided to find it and push himself underneath it.. it got loosened from the heat lamp im assuming, it never even crossed my mind cause it was on the top of the tank and i never expected him to find a way near it, but he proved me wrong :(

i still havent figured out how he got so much stuck to him, i would have thought that once he his head area stuck he wouldnt have been able to move any further to get stuck more.. but oh how he did... the vet i called didnt believe that i was telling her a true story, i still dont think she believes me

Rachel
11-06-2002, 03:27 AM
I had same experience. Pretzel managed to get under his heat mat which had been taped down. I was told never to use baby oil though. Apparantly it aint to good for your snake, I was told to use olive oil or mineral oil. But if it worked for you and you've had no probs, great....another remedy! :D

kasidee
11-06-2002, 04:52 PM
well it took me forever to get a hold of someone who believed me enough to help me.. i talked to a woman who takes care of the snakes at the zoo here and she said that for a corn snake, baby oil would be ok cause mineral oil is pretty thick and since my snake had about 7 inches of duct tape on him she said it would be easier to soak him in... he seems fine now, but its only the day after, but he's drinking and climbing and is way calmer when i go to hold him now than he was before... so hopefully it wont do anything bad to him

noe
11-07-2002, 01:33 AM
Actually, most baby oil is just mineral oil with fragrance. I'm sure the snakes prefer it without the fragrance added, though.