PDA

View Full Version : What does loose stools look like from corn's

What does loose stools look like from corn's

jakewc2
07-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that corns can develop diarrhoea. If so, what does it look like, and can somebody tell me what normal poop looks like?

I have managed to work out now when he is about to poop, just just stops moving, and his tail sticks out funny. I have newspaper around the floor just in case it happens. It happened once before, but I pick up on things really quickly.

Should a snake poop all over you, if not, is that a sign that you have handled it too soon after a meal? Its been three days, and I cant see the bump from the meal.

Also, I found my first bit of uralites (correct spelling?) yesterday too, and it was in kind of a lump, altogether, and sort of looked like an elongated egg is that supposed to be ok?

I also wanted to know about salmonella too. I heard that snakes carry that with them, and its easilly caught. I have a spray next to the cage when I stop playijng with him, I spray my hands and go wash them then. I'm a bit concerned as I have other animals around, can it be passd onto them easilly?

Sorry for all the questions. :(

BeckyG
07-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Normal poop looks a lot like bird poop.

Urates are solid and white.

Snakes poop when they need to. It doesn't mean anything other than that they need to go.

The salmonella scare is a bit over rated. It is a good idea to wash up after handling your snake, but it isn't that easy to catch it. You're more likely to get it from undercooked food than from your snake.

diamondlil
07-22-2006, 06:03 PM
A lot of snakes poop when they're handled, I think it's the stimulation of moving about that gets 'things moving'. Also, if you handle 2-3 days after feeding, you're right on schedule for a poop to happen