PDA

View Full Version : Shedding Baby :)

Shedding Baby :)

Turtlez
11-07-2002, 10:28 AM
Hello :)

My corn Mythos is getting very near to shedding. He has gone completly dull. Yesturday, his eyes clouded over. The only reason I am concerned is because his last shed didnt go to well. Last time, he shed in peices, and one little section on his neck didnt completly shed off, meaning a little flap of skin was hanging. When that happened, I sprayed him with some bio mist(all natural shedding aid, has aloe, jojoba and other things), and tried to take it off myself, but it seemed too securely attached.

I have tried giving him baths, but he wont stand for it. He flys out of the water container as fast as he can. So, I have tried misting the cage more to up humidity.

Do you have any suggestions that would help him shed better? I want to avoid anything that is too stressful.

Also, how long do I wait to hold him since his eyes just clouded. Plus, how long does it take to shed after clouded eyes?

-Meg

Alicia
11-07-2002, 11:25 AM
You can make a humidity hide by cutting a hole in a plastic container with a lid and stuffing it with moist moss or paper towels. I found this worked well and is not stressful for the snake. I would put it in the cage when they went blue. Just check it every couple days and add moisture as needed. This is just one of many ways to get the job done but it works:D

redarm
11-07-2002, 08:08 PM
turtlez this may be just the way my snowcorn is but today her eyes are clouded and she dosnt seem to mind us holding her ,but that could just be my snake. Usually my corn will shed 2-3 days after the cloudy eyes have disappeared.
redarm

whiffin
11-08-2002, 06:35 AM
My corn doesn't mind either - I guess it just depends on the snake

WMD
11-08-2002, 02:19 PM
u could put your snake in some towls so when he trys to get out the lose skin will fall off

Probe7899
11-09-2002, 12:20 AM
My baby corn just had his first shed also it went very well and all of the skin came off at once not in pieces. The reason is because when his eyes became cloudy I put him in the sink with warm water he really didnt like but at first I kept putting him back in but I was afraid of stressing him out so I held him in my hand and just kept pouring warm water over him. He didnt mind this at all. I think this helped with the shed. Also I put a water dish in the warm side of the tank to raise the humidity.
Hope it helps.

Turtlez
11-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Thank you all so much for your help!!

Mythos's shed went very well. He shed it all off in one peice except at the tail end because he wrapped around his fake log hide when he shed. I must admit that I didnt do the towel bit because he wouldnt go in it :P So I just misted the viv a lot, and used the bio-mist (which I reccomend highly for problem shedders). Thanks again guys :)