PDA

View Full Version : strict diet of geckos??

strict diet of geckos??

OI-TOY666
07-26-2006, 07:17 PM
my corn will only eat geckos which is weird cuz it used to take the pinks out of my hand and gulp em' down.but now she refuses them but whenever i put those little house geckos `you find outside she nails em' :bang:
im going to try scenting the pinkies with a gecko tail as i read in THE CORN SNAKE MANUAL and if all goes well then i will just have to keep scenting them.is it ok to have a diet of only geckos?

RyanR
07-28-2006, 01:11 AM
it would have probaly been best if you never offerd your snake geckos.. since in the wild they do/can eat them.. and if they devolop a specific taste for geckos only.. they will refuse mice.. exspecialy F/T... The best you can do to try to get it back on mice is Scent the mice OR... Feed it a gecko and as its about done swallowing.. put a small mouse in its mouth to so it continues to swallow it aswell.. and develops the taste for the mouse again... i hope this helps

good luck!

OI-TOY666
07-28-2006, 01:26 AM
ur right i tried the gecko cuz i ran out of pinks cuz my parents wont ake me to the store but like once every 2 weeksbut yah ill try the mouse /gecko consumsion or however u spell it

RyanR
07-28-2006, 02:55 AM
i dont think its a really smart idia in the first place to feed your captive corn snake Wild prey... the gecko could have a disease/parasite the snake isnt immune to because its been captive bread and raised..