PDA

View Full Version : tame or aggressive??

tame or aggressive??

Corn Crib
11-07-2002, 04:50 PM
how is your snakes behavior??

kimhotep
11-07-2002, 05:25 PM
You left out 'scaredy-cat' & 'usedta-be-a-spazzy-baby-but-is-now-a-mellow-adult' :D

Outlaw
11-07-2002, 06:49 PM
I would never consider my snakes to be completely tame. I haven't yet ruled out the possibility that they might surprise me one day.
Therefore my vote was for "mellow"

Last night was feeding night and they were most definitely NOT tame.

Simon
11-07-2002, 07:38 PM
Just wondering.....

which one are you asking? I have quite a bit of corn snakes.....
you asked one......

I have one that is really aggressive and bites all the time, one that never even trieds to rattle, some that musk, some rattle, some are nosy.....just too many different personalilties here...

snakemanone
11-10-2002, 05:10 PM
hey outlaw.

I noticed that you have fed hin/her in the cage with woodchip substrate, is this normal?i only ask as it could be very dangerous for the snake,if i woodchip is eaten (stuck to mouse) it cannot be digested and may cause severe damage on the way out (pooping),just a freindly warning not a critisism,ok mate.

...........................STEVE:cool:

Outlaw
11-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Hi Steve,

I fully understand your concerns, but I am in the habit, be it right or wrong, of feeding the adult snakes in their own vivarium.
The photo was of the male making fairly short work of a large mouse. He is almost 5 years old and I have never had any problem with him whatsoever.
The adults are housed separately, so there's no worry of them argueing over one food item.
The hatchlings, on the other hand, are housed together and moved in turn to an empty plastic container at feeding time. After each one has fully swallowed the meal, he or she is gently returned to the tank.

I did once try to feed a hatchling IN the tank with its siblings closeby. BIG mistake!!! But that's another story. Sufice to say I won't do that again. Luckily no damage was done.

Thanks for your interest,
Brian

QuesarVII
11-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Hello,
Basic answer- none are aggressive.. none have ever bitten me, although one was a little snippy when really young..

1.0 gray rat - Gandalf -spaz for the first 20 sec he is out of tank.. pretty calm after that

0.1 snow corn - Opal - SUPER tame! I feed her and all my others prekilled, frozen/thawed mice. she just gently finds the head, and gently eats it... very calm the whole time.. i would not worry handing this snake to a toddler

1.0 miami corn - Orion (only like 6 mon old) - was a spaz for a while, but has pretty much fully calm now.

0.1 brazilian rainbow boa - Penny (about 5 mon old)- Another SUPER tame snake. She was as gentle as could be the day we got her (about 2 mon ago)

Axe
11-15-2002, 12:08 AM
All of mine are pretty mellow and calm except for one.

I wouldn't go so far as to say deadly, bue that one is named "Sokar" - essentially the original Ancient Egyptian mythological Satan - he was a "death god".

:)

Rainey
11-15-2002, 10:49 AM
Kattie and Kassie both eat while sitting on my hand, they are so docile! The just nuggie up and sleep on me anytime! And Kattie is super curious and always pokes her head out of her hide when I come by!

Rhiannon
11-27-2002, 04:41 PM
Both of my snakes are really gentle, whenever I open the cage they just sit there and wait for me too pick them up. I've never had a snake bite and I dout any of them will- i hope;)

Corn Crib
11-27-2002, 08:29 PM
ya mine kinda sorta tries to run when i first open the lid but then once i get him into my hands he just sits there. i love him.:D

whiffin
11-28-2002, 06:18 AM
I'm so happy with Suzy, I knew corns were dosile, but this is ace.

He'll eat on my hands, sleep in my lap, never minds me picking him up (even in the daytime and when he's shedding), has never bit, likes all my friends.

Best of all, he's now "toilet trained". He'll always poo in his little bath 2 days after eating, and no longer on my new shirts - result :D

Corn snakes rock http://www.webbedfeetuk.com/smilies/clap.gif