PDA

View Full Version : Bullying

Bullying

Ruth
11-08-2002, 06:27 AM
Hi!

I've got two questions about behaviour problems:

1. Has anyone had any troubles with bulling between corns? We've got three adults (one male 15yrs old & two females 10yrs old) living together in a large terrarium. They've lived together for about 10 yrs but for the past couple of years the male only lays in the cooler part of the terrarim without any hide and the two ladies live in the warmer part of the terrarium.

Well anyway the male snake had a lung infection last year and the vet reckoned that he was bullied by the females and that was why he was in the cooler part of the terrarium and that he could also be depressed. Has anyone got any ideas about what to do?

2. We have another problem with our male snake, he had a lung infection last year and we gave him antibiotics and bathed him for 21 days (which he really did not appreciate, he was a very unhappy snake :mad:). Now he's better but we're having trouble feeding him, he doesn't seem as hungry as he was before and he can be aggressive and snap at us now, which he definitely has never done before. Has anyone got any new ideas about what we should do with him?

/Ruth

Alicia
11-08-2002, 08:05 AM
This might be a good time for him to move in to his own home.
It sounds like he needs his own warm & cool sides:) You could give it a try and see if it solves your problems.

Good luck.

lisa.trunfio
11-08-2002, 10:09 AM
I think Alicia is right. It would be best to house him seperatly. I had a male and femail toghether and the femail would not eat. As soon as I seperated them she started accepting food.
Good luck
Lisa ^_^

Ruth
11-08-2002, 11:12 AM
I suppose we should try putting the male (Knut) in a terrarium of his own, it's just strange that the girls have started bullying him after so many years of living together. Thanx for the advice.

Outlaw
11-10-2002, 05:40 PM
The female of the species ...........

What more can I say?

Sorry girls ...... nothing personal intended.