PDA

View Full Version : regurg problem

regurg problem

cfiscel
08-02-2006, 10:36 AM
my 3 month old okeetee has thrown up her last 2 meals. the first time i blame myself because i had thawn out several pinkies and one of the other snakes refused its meal. well, i foolishly fed the extra one to the okeetee and she regurged 2 days later one of the pinks. i waited a day and fed her again. this morning i find another pink that she has thrown up. so, i'm a little worried because she had never thrown up before i fed her the two in one sitting. anyone have any advice besides not to feed her so much at a time? i'd like to get her back on the right track and i'd hate to do anything to damage her or worse. thanks, chris

Chris Olson
08-02-2006, 11:08 AM
First, you fed her to soon after her first regurge. You need to give her a good 2 weeks without offering her food. Since she had two back to back within days of each other, she is most likely very dehydrated. Give her a soak in some room temperature water for an hour. Do this for a couple of days and then leave her alone. Offer her a pink mouse head in about two weeks. Then, if she holds that down, give her another week and offer another pink head. This should continue for several weeks before you offer her another full sized meal. Honestly, two back to back regurges could easily kill a hatchling. I don't mean to scare you but this is as serious of a problem as they come....

Chris

cfiscel
08-02-2006, 04:11 PM
i'll give it a shot. thanks for the input.........chris

BeckyG
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
What Chris said was right. Regurging is a serious issue. You need to wait at least 10 days after a regurge before attempting to feed again. And while you are waiting, go to Kathy Love's (http://www.cornutopia.com) site and order some Nutribac. It's great stuff. Also read the FAQ's at the top of these forums, paying close attention to the section on regurging.