PDA

View Full Version : I Think

I Think

:..becca..:
08-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Im not sure but i think my snake and lea's snake like each other. When i try to pick mine up he strikes at me as if he was protecting something (lea's snake) You want to tell me what that is about? do you think they like each other? i will try to post some pictures of them, because whenever lea's snake goes to another part of the cage my snake gets on top of hers. Yeah, so do you think they like each other?

** i do not want this to be a fighting thread **

~becca

zwyatt
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Anybody? Anybody wanna take this?

Roy Munson
08-07-2006, 06:32 PM
** i do not want this to be a fighting thread **
I don't know if you and Lea are the same person. I'm not even sure if you and Lea are for real. I'm beginning to think you're just a troll trying to have some fun here.

If you're for real, do a search for key word 'cohabitation', and read through the replies. You'll see that 90+% of responsible keepers discourage the keeping of more than one corn snake per enclosure. If you're for real, part of the reason your snake is striking you is because you and your sister, in your vast cluelessness, are stressing the snakes out in a big way. Corn snakes are solitary animals, and there is no way that one will aggressively protect another. Keeping them together only adds to the stress you and sis are dealing them. If you're for real, why the heck haven't you even done your basic research yet? I wouldn't trust you guys with a virtual pet. :rolleyes:

gwb8568
08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't trust you guys with a virtual pet. :rolleyes:

hey dean........do they still make furby's ? that would be a good starter project. or maybe a seahorse or chia-pet. :shrugs:

zwyatt
08-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Another thing to add...

If these snakes survive, even if you don't cohabitate them, until they are sexed by a "QUALIFIED" person (and I don't yet count your friend Chuck as qualified) do NOT just put them together because they seem friendly. Once they start to get old enough they may breed.
If the female is too young/small she could get egg-bound and die. Not to mention that, if any of the eggs are fertile and survive being laid, you will never be capable of taking proper care of them even if we are talking 2 years from now.

Roy Munson
08-07-2006, 07:07 PM
hey dean........do they still make furby's ? that would be a good starter project. or maybe a seahorse or chia-pet. :shrugs:Hah! Yeah, I think they still make Furbys. But like all other electronic items, I think the new ones are smaller. I think these "sisters" should draw eyes on a brick, and take turns smacking each other in the head with it. There's risk of damage to the poor brick, but ... :rolleyes:

zwyatt
08-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Hah! Yeah, I think they still make Furbys. But like all other electronic items, I think the new ones are smaller. I think these "sisters" should draw eyes on a brick, and take turns smacking each other in the head with it. There's risk of damage to the poor brick, but ... :rolleyes:

Given Dean's recent comments, I think we should all reference this

Very Serious Link (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/burn/)

Roy Munson
08-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Given Dean's recent comments, I think we should all reference this

Very Serious Link (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/burn/)
Hah! "Feel the burn!" :devil01:

I'm just about done, though. I don't enjoy being disrespectful to anyone, regardless of age. If these girls are not trolls, and they're for real, I just feel terrible for their snakes. I hate it when people buy animals as toys. You think either of these girls has thought about committing the next 25 years to the care of these snakes? They don't even have a concept of how long 25 years IS.

If these snakes exist, they are doomed, and I unapologetically do not want to read a hundred "HELP11!!!!1" threads detailing their decline. :(

zwyatt
08-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Hah! "Feel the burn!" :devil01:

I'm just about done, though. I don't enjoy being disrespectful to anyone, regardless of age. If these girls are not trolls, and they're for real, I just feel terrible for their snakes. I hate it when people buy animals as toys. You think either of these girls has thought about committing the next 25 years to the care of these snakes? They don't even have a concept of how long 25 years IS.

If these snakes exist, they are doomed, and I unapologetically do not want to read a hundred "HELP11!!!!1" threads detailing their decline. :(

I'm with ya on that. Ordinarily, I'm the last person you'll ever find being disrespectful, but people like this inspire others to give that sort of response. It's hard to treat someone respectfully and take them seriously when they carry on like this.

If they are serious about it, they will learn to type and speak coherently and stop starting 3 threads a day for such trivial things that can be answered by at least 3 other sources off the top of my head (searching, FAQ's, CS Manual).

I certainly feel for those snakes, if they do exist. At the same time, I can't save every animal and until the original offenders (or offender if my theory is correct:) ) can extend the olive branch by acting at least their age and communicating seriously, I just can't bring myself to bend over backwards to help her/them.

EDIT: Cool! My post count is 1234 :D, which means I can't post again or I lose it forever:(

gwb8568
08-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Cool! My post count is 1234 :D, which means I can't post again or I lose it forever:(

nice knowing you.............. :wavey:

zwyatt
08-07-2006, 07:46 PM
nice knowing you.............. :wavey:

Funny thing...this is how bad my memory actually is.

Like 30 seconds after editing that post I started reading another thread, and forgetting all about my ultra-special 1234 post count, I replied to the other thread and ruined it.

Please, a moment of silence...

Okay, that was nice. Thank you.

gwb8568
08-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Funny thing...this is how bad my memory actually is.

Like 30 seconds after editing that post I started reading another thread, and forgetting all about my ultra-special 1234 post count, I replied to the other thread and ruined it.

Please, a moment of silence...

Okay, that was nice. Thank you.

well just think.............you still have 2345 coming up.

dragynflye
08-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I think these "sisters" should draw eyes on a brick, and take turns smacking each other in the head with it. There's risk of damage to the poor brick, but ... :rolleyes:

http://www.ratbehavior.org/petbrickfaq.htm

reptilecaverns
08-08-2006, 01:23 AM
wow i learned more about bricks than i would have ever guessed. the sad thing is that is one of the best caresheets i have read in a while....

the irony....

and false personas are fun,

:crazy02:
corey

Drizzt80
08-08-2006, 01:39 AM
well just think.............you still have 2345 coming up.
. . . and if you'd get off your lazy bum and start posting like elle and Joe, you could be there by, oh, say, 3:30 pm tomorrow . . . :sidestep:

D80

gwb8568
08-08-2006, 06:35 PM
. . . and if you'd get off your lazy bum and start posting like elle and Joe, you could be there by, oh, say, 3:30 pm tomorrow . . . :D80

:roflmao: LOL :roflmao:

Tula_Montage
08-08-2006, 06:38 PM
. . . and if you'd get off your lazy bum and start posting like elle and Joe, you could be there by, oh, say, 3:30 pm tomorrow . . . :sidestep:

D80

exactly.. You lazy bunch of arses :-p chop chop!!!