PDA

View Full Version : Should I worry?!

Should I worry?!

Stewie
08-08-2006, 01:49 AM
I hope someone can help..

I have a 10 month-old snow corn (first snake), and the last 2 times he has gone poo there have been very small amounts of blood in it. He seems to be healthy otherwise. He is eating a large fuzzy every 7-10 days, drinking normal amounts and his activity level seems normal.

JoannaD
08-08-2006, 12:03 PM
I have no idea what the problem could be but the first place to start would be a fecal exam. If there is no herp vet near you, you can ask your local vet if they would be willing to check the snakes stool for parasites and other forms of infection. Many vets will do it but some won't. You will need as fresh a sample as possible and you should put it in the fridge if it will be more than 12 hours before you can get it to the vet. You should double check with the vet about the sample and how to keep it "fresh" though.

Good Luck,
Jo

MegF.
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Blood is never normal, but are you sure it's blood? I would take it to a vet as Jo suggested and have it checked out thoroughly. If you have other snakes, you might want to quarantine this one until you're sure it's nothing that can be spread.