PDA

View Full Version : my little find....

my little find....

dragynflye
08-13-2006, 01:46 AM
i'm really hesitant to post this, since not only is it not a cornsnake, it's not a snake at all! but i really wanted to show off the adorable little horny toad i found in my friend's yard the other day. we saved him from being ran over by the lawn mower.

(those are my friend's big grimey hands, not mine!)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/mossling/4august036.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/mossling/4august035.jpg

sfaoldguy
08-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I used to find those all the time when I was a kid but haven't seen any in years. Thanks for sharing cause I really like those. I am not sure, but I think it's cool to post any herp you find in this section. Not sure but it is common to see all kinds of finds.

:cheers:
John

alyndria
08-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Wow! I've never seen one of those in real life before. Thanks for sharing. :)

ratsncorns
08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Really cool! I have never seen one either.

desertanimal
08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Cool! I recently posted a thread of a horned lizard, too. Where are you located? Mine was caught in north eastern Arizona. It's horns seemed a little shorter and fatter than the ones on yours. In my experience, it seems like they vary a lot in color based on where they're hatched--even on the same mountain at different elevations.

scalesnthings
08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Man, we used to catch those all the time when I was little.. we lived in a little remote town outside of Tucson on a golf course.. I miss those guys! lol

Laine

dragynflye
08-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Cool! I recently posted a thread of a horned lizard, too. Where are you located? Mine was caught in north eastern Arizona. It's horns seemed a little shorter and fatter than the ones on yours. In my experience, it seems like they vary a lot in color based on where they're hatched--even on the same mountain at different elevations.

i'm in eastern new mexico (way eastern, practically texas). he was actually found at my friend's grandparent's house a couple hours north of here. this guy is a texas horned lizard. there are actually 14 (i think) different species of horned lizard. when i was a kid, we use to catch a different one in our back field all the time. however, it's been waaaaaaaaaay to long for me to remember anything more than it wasn't this species.

logic
08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Really cool! I have never seen one either.

Nice pics dragynflye, thanks for sharing...
glad you were able to save it...!!

Off topic...

ratsncorns: what kind of snake is that ...?
Kinda looks like a florida gater snake... do you have any garters?!

I had a beautiful florida garter when I was a freshman in college... it was beautiful...!!!