PDA

View Full Version : Bad Shed

Bad Shed

GHostCornSnake
08-19-2006, 12:42 PM
i have a 3 year old ghost corn snake that just shed but this time it looks like he didnt get all of it off there is some on his head and the old scales are covering his left eye. is there anyway to to remove these dead skin with out hurting him?

gwb8568
08-19-2006, 01:14 PM
i have a 3 year old ghost corn snake that just shed but this time it looks like he didnt get all of it off there is some on his head and the old scales are covering his left eye. is there anyway to to remove these dead skin with out hurting him?

please see your other thread that you started and you will get some info there.

GHostCornSnake
08-19-2006, 08:21 PM
can anyone help..before i take him tot he vet if i cant fix it.

Lennycorn
08-19-2006, 08:51 PM
You can use a damp towel and let the snake crawl through it, and after a while the skin will slowly start to come off. You have to help a bit by lightly rubbing the towel on the snake. If you scroll down this page you will see previous post on the same subject.
Good Luck

GHostCornSnake
08-20-2006, 12:29 AM
my concern is that it is over the eye and i dont wanta hurt him.

Raiden The Almighty
08-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Do what lenny said, let your snake wedge its head through the wet towel and it should come off. If it doesn't come off right a way give it a day or so its not gonne cause any really serious problems. The only thing I wouldn't recommend doing is trying to manually remove the eyecap its really tricky and you could damage your snakes eye. If the eyecaps dont come off in a few days repost.