PDA

View Full Version : feeding

feeding

Corn Crib
11-17-2002, 01:42 AM
well this really isn't a feeding problem but i was just wondering what i should feed my male corn snake, i am feeding him 3-4 pinkies a week and i dont know if i should get fuzzies or peach fuzzies from www.rodentpro.com, go to that site and look at the size and tell me which i sould get. my corn is 7 months old tomorrow (11-17-02) and he is already little over 2 foot long. i was told that he could easyly take the next size bigger but sence he is growing up so fast i dont know if i should feed him fuzzies or peach fuzzies. Thank You and sorry for such a long thread.:D

bmm
11-17-2002, 02:55 PM
By 7 months all of my corns were on fuzzies if not larger items. I would definitly get fuzzies. If you order "peach fuzzies" your snake will be ready to move on before you are ready to order again I would think.

bmm

Corn Crib
11-17-2002, 05:23 PM
ok thank you i will get fuzzies.

UTWolfe
11-21-2002, 05:42 PM
One thing to remeber is that mice as they get older elongate.(hope i spelled that right.) If your corn is 2 feet long then fuzzies will be cake. It should even be able to handle a small hopper. Once it gets past the head the rest of the mouse is cake. Don't know if this applies to frozen foods tho. A good rule of thumb is 1.5 times the diameter of the fatest part of the snake.

Correct me if i am wrong on that.